Search the forum,

Discuss Cast iron downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jjack

Hi Folks

Any advice much appreciated.

I need to join sections of Cast iron downpipe together. I'm not keen to get involved with molten lead. I've been told that PC4 af is great but i can't find anywhere that sells it. Friends (apparently in the know) have said use hemp and sealent - sounds dodgy

Any thoughts
cheers

Welcome to the forum. Have a go on the search button or try Google Fernco soil pipe coupling

Thanks Howsie, I've tried the search button and no new insights there. Its on the outside of a listed building so Coupling is out.

Last edited:
The X seal is meant to be great. This is where i'm not sure if i'm just being thick! I've tried all my local dealers and spent time on google but no one in the UK seems to sell the stuff.

The X seal is meant to be great. This is where i'm not sure if i'm just being thick! I've tried all my local dealers and spent time on google but no one in the UK seems to sell the stuff.

its going to be hard as we dont use the stuff any more (they still use it in the us and ca) think the last one i had to do we had it shipped from the us specially (im talking about 10 years ago) most of it is now the time saver etc

Timesaver Drain | Below Ground Drainage | Saint-Gobain PAM UK

If it's got to look right and there's money in the job, use lead wool. Still need a set of caulking irons tho..........

Done loads of cast iron drainage in the past, still got the chalking irons, Listed building you need to be careful what you do, think yourself lucky its not Spun Cast, that's heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast iron downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock