Search the forum,

Discuss Car Park floods. Cars crushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
BBC tells us " Polystyrene insulation appeared to swell". Common sense tells us the floor floated on the polystyrene.
With increasing depths of insulation this is maybe a time to remind our clients and if necessary their architects that 70mm of sand/cement or concrete screed is required for every 100mm depth of insulation if floatation under burst pipe conditions is to be avoided.

why would you insulate a car park in the first place, worlds gone mad

Bit more than 10mm of insulation there! More like 1m. Can't understand why they wouldn't have just built it up with stone.

Bit more than 10mm of insulation there! More like 1m. Can't understand why they wouldn't have just built it up with stone.

Probably because it was the cheapest option.

I bet there will be further ramifications due to the amount of foam and also the thickness of the concrete slab.

Would like to know the loading specifications of the concrete slab on foam - particularly when you have a ton or more of weight for each vehicle x the number of vehicles.

Nice cars! Thought Peabody was a Housing association?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Car Park floods. Cars crushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference between French and English plumbing at first glance, but when you have a closer look, its has different as chalk is to cheese For a start not many...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock