Search the forum,

Discuss Capping buried radiator pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JWO

Hi, I have removed am old radiator and need to permanently cap the pipes. It's on the ground floor and the pipes are buried in concrete. I have dug out to find a straight bit pipe, intending to fit a stop end cap, but came across an old compression elbow, so wondered if I could simply use a blanking disk. Would a blanking disc be a reliable, permanent solution, considering that it is going to be re-buried, hopefully forever? Or would a stop end cap be better?

many thank

Take the compression out and put a soldered cap end if you can

Hi Jwo
The blanking disc's can be a little problematic so why not expose a bit more & remove elbow leaving the nut & olive on the pipe then fit a stop end with a bit of tape or paste around the olive.
Cover the copper & brass over with some PVC tape or similar so the cement does not touch it, should last a life time.
87972.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses. Can't really solder as can't easily empty the pipes, so will do as Chris suggests. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capping buried radiator pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have just removed a bathroom radiator and now wondering how to plug the end? Am I right in understanding that I should screw a 15mm blanking cap onto the end of this? Or do I need to install a compression stop? Thanks in advance for any help or advice
Replies
Views
A
Hi All, I have two sets of radiator pipes that need removing. Although neither set of pipes have radiators on them anymore they are both still connected to the system and contain water. A plumber I have spoken to says to remove them he'll cut the pipes vacuum out/up any water and then cap them...
Replies
Views
Adam Rifat
A
Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance between pipe centres is 695mm. I can get a 750mm wide rail but the centres with that are 705mm and that additional 10mm could cause too much strain on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock