Discuss Can't stop tiny trickle into Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allanwhyte77

Hi Forum, Thanks in advance to any advice offered. I've been battling with a new close coupled toilet I've recently installed. The toilet came with badly translated instructions but I finally figured them out and got it all put together. It's one of these toilets where the plastic fixing bolts go through the cistern. I noticed there was a constant slow stream into the pan. I took it all to bits and tightened everything up further, still the same, so after about 5 attempts of tightning everything up I applyed silicone sealant and gave it 24 hours to dry.

The stream of water was still happening. I'd imagine at this point, the water would fill a teaspoon in about a couple of hours. At this point I decided to replace all the internal parts with a fluidmaster kit, new dounut and metal fixing kit.I stripped off all of silicone I'd applyed earlier. Fitted the new parts, tightened it all up and still leaked a bit into the pan so took it to bits again and applied a bead of plumbers gold around the inside of the cistern underneath the flush valve.

The trickle is still happening all be it tiny. I put food colouring in the sistern but no colouring was in the pan 24 hours later. I then flushed the toilet a few times to clear it of the colouring, left it 24 hours then dried the pan to make sure it was completely dry. I taped a single sheet of toilet paper against the wall of the pan where it was leaking and left it overnight.

The sheet of toilet paper had a 2" patch of dampness on it. Is this amount of leakage a concern that I should be bothered about as I can't seem to resolve it any further? I'm on a water meter. Sorry if I've been a bit long winded in the post.

Have you looked up?

This thread reminds me of the miracle of peckham episode of only fools when Del convinces everyone the virgin mary statue cries when really it's a leak dripping down from the ceiling

:)

take the cisten of the pan prop it up so its sitting level a workmate is perfect then fill with water leave for a couple of hours and see it the water is coming out of the inside or outside of the bottom of the connectorout side its not sealed properly inside it faulty overtightening can distort the seatings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't stop tiny trickle into Pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock