Search the forum,

Discuss Can't seem to find the regs ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Lads don't know if anybody can point me in the right direction

Basically I'm renewing mains to 7 flats the previous install was a complete DIY project by a very dodgy landlord the new owners now doing it properly.

He seems of the impression that we require a stopcock in the road one in a communal area in the property and then another one under each kitchen sink. I am more than happy to do it his way but obviously it's going to work out far more expensive for him with large MDPE stopcocks.

I didn't know whether the regulations state the minimum we require is just a stopcock in the road and one under the kitchen sink or whether things differ when we are talking about flats. I wondered if anybody might know of something in the regs confirming what the situation should be.

Yes and no if he wants a meter in the communal area another stopcock, but always better to put a second in

When i was doing new builds their would be one in the road for each flat , one on a riser for each floor then one internal somewhere usual under sink.

That's fine.

Meter in road, so I'll have one on a riser too and one in each Flat.

Cheers chaps

That's fine.

Meter in road, so I'll have one on a riser too and one in each Flat.

Cheers chaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't seem to find the regs ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock