Search the forum,

Discuss can the real plumbers help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

Hi guys im new here so HI.

Im looking to train as a plumber maybe gas aswell??
Iv worked with plumbers before and can do most basic plumbing tasks.
what courses are out there in the south east kent area for a 24 year old ??

Im looking foe a part or full funded course if there about
iv got own tools and some plumbing jobs under my belt even if theres a plumber about looking for some cheap help???

best newspaper report I've read in a long time, that should be a stickie croppie

Im not looking for a crash course Im willing to put the time into college and studying.
I know these sort of courses if done properly will take time. Fine with me only if at the end of it all i get all industry recognised qualifications and not just a bit of paper that's not worth the ink from the printer!!!!!!
my master plan is too come up with a rock solid business plan and find funding to start my firm.
As i can tile plaster paint wood work ect Im planning to start bathroom/kitchen fitting as well as plumbing central heating/gas then latter in life when Im old and gray!!!! gas servicing....

Soo its worth putting the time in now. and get it all sorted.

Well I wish you the very best. It's not a good time trying to break into many trades at the moment. (there's not exactly a booming house market).

The gap for plumbers and electricians that was around in the 90's has been filled and then some. As a plumber since I was a lad, I've noticed more, and more vans, and of course I've also noticed that I haven't been able to up my rates for around 3 years, which when you look at inflation isn't good.

But if you are set on doing it, good luck and don't put too much money into getting 'qualified' (my first plumbing qualification cost ÂŁ300 for two years, which I did in the evenings, while I worked for my Dad during the day, he's a plumber....which is the way many get into any trade).

Best of luck, hope it works out.

erm you on a saturday morning after a skin fall and dodgy curry the night before :54::54::willy_nilly::54::54::willy_nilly::dizzy2::lol:

not looking for much then, free training, real plumber, on site training and wages. hmmm think you might struggle as many trainees willing to work for free. but good luck

ill work with any plumber if he is willing to teach me and not just use me as his b*t"h ill work for free if needed never said nout about having to be on site!!! as for training I mite have sorted that today local college.
But still looking for a plumber to show me the ropes part time
I know what i need to know to get by day to day but if the offer is there im willing

As i can tile plaster paint wood work ect Im planning to start bathroom/kitchen fitting as well as plumbing central heating/gas then latter in life when Im old and gray!!!! gas servicing....

Soo its worth putting the time in now. and get it all sorted.[/QUOTE]

It amuses me when guys assume they can do servicing when decrepit. Climbing into lofts to inspect flues, bending double to get down to fires and floor mounted boilers. Not to mention knee and back problems! Seriously though, with all your existing skills, which you are presumably utilising, how can you find the time to become experienced and good at plumbing? Working on gas is an expensive business, even full time - I hope you haven't been seduced by reports of big money and solicitors giving up their practice to plumb and Gas?

i earn a good wage now but its not about the money for more the point of having it under my belt if i wanted to go that way in life as i find it all a nice job you'll probably say Im mad.
But i find plumbing more hands on and im using my brain more and being able to stand back and look at what iv done with a smile on my face knowing i done that and being proud of it.
i find all the running pipes and hanging rads waste pipes ect calming. And one with my self its all about the mind set im Good with my hands like to think iv got a good brain on my shoulders and enjoy it really dont mind getting stuck in and getting the job done and LOOKING the nutz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can the real plumbers help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a DIY Plumber Im working on moving my plumbing in my basement to the other side of the soon-to-be bathroom. I've busted up the concrete and replumbed all the fixtures and was about to close it up and starting having anxiety that I did it wrong. Hoping someone can help me know whether my...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock