Search the forum,

Discuss Can I buy this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skewett

I've got a blocked hot water pipe and saw a reference to fitting a length of hose between the hot and cold taps in order to back pressure the hot pipe and hopefully unblock it.

Is it possible to buy such a tool or is it purely down to making a home made device.

A short piece of large bore hose and a couple of jubilee clips is all that's needed. If you have both hot and cold feeds going to your washing machine you could try undoing the cold inlet pipe and screwing it onto the hot feed valve. Hope that makes sense.

hi skewett do you have a washing machine with hot and cold feeds? if you do you can clear the pipe from there. just connect up the hot and cold feeds where the WM connects to the water feeds, use one of the hoses off the WM to join together. turn on the hot valve then the cold valve to force the cold up the hot and hopefully clear the pipe. only do this for about twenty to thirty seconds. this only really works on open vented systems because of the higher pressure on the mains.

beat me keefy but basically the same advice lol.

Thanks guys. Its the bath taps. Seperate not a mixer type. I had heard the washing machine option but just thought connecting the two bath taps would be the easiest way?

Cheap shower hose. Cut the tap connectors and long hose off. then push a tap connector into each end. works a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I buy this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock