Search the forum,

Discuss Can I bend my reverse J shape kitchen tap to improve the angle of the water flow (photo attached)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my kitchen tap's water flow is hitting the edge of the sink(see photo below)...is it possible to bend the metal so that the angle points towards the middle of the sink rather than the edge? Thanks in advance for you advice!

20170721-DSC_9089-web-950x634.jpg

No you can't sorry to say but you might be able to buy a new spout

No you can't sorry to say but you might be able to buy a new spout

Bad news, but thanks for the honesty.

Do these tap spouts have standard sizes? I will try to find a matching white replacement spout but haven't found any online yet, though there are some that come with mixers. Would appreciate any suggestions :)

Yes and no what matters is the thread size on the nut that holds it in

I cant do a close up photo for some reason but if the end of the spout is threaded you maybe able to but the aerator / direction type fitting , they work off a ball and you can point them to whatever direction.

I can't find any wall mounted taps that aren't a metal finish.
You may have to track down the original kitchen installer and see if they can supply a longer reach spout from the same manufacturer or at worse a new tap with longer reach.
A long reach spout from a sink mounted tap from the same manufacturer may work.

The simplest solution would be as Town fan suggests, but I doubt you'll get a coloured aerator.

Unfortunately it was installed 20 years ago by some fancy architects who used "laboratory" taps to achieve their look. The problem is if I change the mixer then I have to change the entire back wall, which will almost impossible to match the other side.

Any reason why 20 year old science lab tap spouts should be any different spec from standard kitchen tap spouts I can buy now? I will take close up photos tomorrow just in case....not sure how to measure the thread size though. Thanks again for all your help.

Yes these are the EXACT same taps!!! I guess they haven't changed their designed in 17 years (this flat was built around 2000)?

So any idea of how I can get a matching tap spout that has a reach of over 150mm? All the Brownall taps only have a 150mm reach. Thanks!

Yes these are the EXACT same taps!!! I guess they haven't changed their designed in 17 years (this flat was built around 2000)?

So any idea of how I can get a matching tap spout that has a reach of over 150mm? All the Brownall taps only have a 150mm reach. Thanks!

I'd try Brownall first, they may do specials not listed.

ive been to a few science rooms in schools which the kiddies have bent them spouts and directed the water at the floor just fine!!:mad::mad:

Thank you for the Broen link. It appears to be the same company as Brownall, same UK address. I've emailed them, let's see what they say.

Will need the nozzle to be standard and not the narrow ones in the brochure photos though, as I'm using it in a kitchen not a lab!

Thank you for the Broen link. It appears to be the same company as Brownall, same UK address. I've emailed them, let's see what they say.

Will need the nozzle to be standard and not the narrow ones in the brochure photos though, as I'm using it in a kitchen not a lab!
Yeah you can also get the nozzles... Start of the brochure somewhere. You will probably even be able to take the nozzle off your existing.

Ye
Wow interesting...how did the kiddies bend them? With their bare hands or with a tool? I was scared to try...
yeah barehanded. Or with their feet, who knows. Not ideal but all depends how much you need to bend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can I bend my reverse J shape kitchen tap to improve the angle of the water flow (photo attached)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock