Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone identify this tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tap is dripping and it's becoming a lot worse - I think I need to replace the ceramic disc valves but i'm having trouble identifying the tap in order to find the right replacements. Anyone know what model/make this is?

Any tips on where I could look would be great :)

upload_2017-10-3_16-4-41.png

8B8AA3DB-252A-4833-8DA8-3A6E37B8BEA0.jpeg
It looks like the one I have. If so, it’s a Blanco BM/4550. I bought it from Homebase or B&Q (can’t exactly remember), but I do have the Installation sheet and it has a number for after sales and spares....01923 635300

Have you tried removing a cartridge and taking it to a plumbers merchant?
Most tap cartridges are one of the standard sizes and replacement pairs can be bought locally for less than a tenner. Replacements from the manufacturers are likely to be £30-£70.
Always worth replacing both sides because the other cartridge is just as old as the failed one.
If you do this, take the tap handle too to make sure the new cartridges will fit the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone identify this tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone identify the make and model of these taps please? We have one dripping bathroom sink tap but the plumber we had couldn't find a way to undo the tap / take it apart to get to the cartridge. So he's saying the only way to fix it is to replace the sink taps which would mean also...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you might say) on the front panel, and one of these has a double function (turn it left and it operates the smaller oven, turn it right and it operates the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock