Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone identify this Redring boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I’m a homeowner with an old (>15 years) Redring central heating boiler. I’m trying to identify it so I can find out more info and determine what servicing it requires, if any. The boiler has a galvanised steel casing and is built into the fireplace. There is a separate pump to circulate water around the radiators. I also have a separate immersion so assume this isn’t a combi. I’d be grateful for any leads because Redring can’t help!
Thanks.

765CF23C-AC4B-435A-BD7D-20FBC6A4FE99.jpeg

I can safely say , its not a combi .

And it's not Gas.

I would say the elements are behind the plates where the flexible black conduit goes into the boiler.
After confirming safe isolation the connections to the elements would need checking for tightness.
As would connections in the control box.

And using a clamp ammeter confirm the current for each element.

Thanks all. I’m trying to find out what the model might be. I’m selling the house and want to be able to convince potential purchasers that it’s a good system. It’s worked fine for the 13 years I’ve owned the house but it doesn’t seem to be enough.

Reply to Can anyone identify this Redring boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there I’m 10 weeks pregnant and found out we have some steel galvanised pipes with corrosion which was causing our tap water to run discoloured for a few seconds when not used for a couple of days. I understand this is from rust but was told lead could also be leaking into our water because...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
Looking for help identifying a photocell for an old Myson Velaire oil boiler. The current photocell is a danfoss 057h202d type D photocell, which I can’t find listed anywhere. So I would be very grateful if someone might know which current photocells might be compatible. Regards Michael
Replies
Views
Hi Can you help me determine if my new Navien lcb700 lsx is working as expected? I got the Navien oil boiler installed to replaced an old firebird boiler. The new boiler is a condensing oil boiler and I’m not sure if this is working as expected. I’ve a 300 L water cylinder and after one hour...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock