Search the forum,

Discuss Camray 5 combi 90A switching off after initial burn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Camray 5 around 14 years old which switches off after the initial 15 min burn. The wall thermostat has not clicked off. If I then either turn off the power or click off the wall thermostat and then back on again it comes back to life. It then does the normal procedure, burn for a few minuits then off for a few minutes then back on until the wall thermostat clicks out. This is a intermittent problem somtimes it works ok.

Last October I replaced a leaking 3 way motorised valve body. I had this problem on a regular basis before I replaced it. Then afterwards the problem disappeared until the other day after I had taken the top cover off to check for leaks as the pressure had dropped very slightly to 1.25bar over a period a few weeks. Did not find any leaks. I topped up to 1.5 bar again. After this the cutting out started again. When it cut out this morning I started to take off the top cover and as I was doing so it started again.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like much. It needs servicing properly every 12 months. My advice is to get an oil tech or heating engineer out to service it and explain the issue you have.

I think what they're alluding to is that it's not a diy fix

The problem is intermittent and might not be there when he's. here I was hoping someone could point out where to check. Ive fixed Tv's over the last 45 years so Im not about to kill myself. Ive checked the wall thermostat connection to the boiler and thats ok. I read some thead about sticking micro switches.

Last edited:
The problem is intermittent and might not be there when he's. here I was hoping someone could point out where to check. Ive fixed Tv's over the last 45 years so Im not about to kill myself. Ive checked the wall thermostat connection to the boiler and thats ok. I read some thead about sticking micro switches.

There's a lot more to it than you might think .
Please don't mess with it. Get someone in.
I understand a TV is an electrical appliance but it doesn't have pressurised fuel or a risk of Carbon Monoxide.

There's a lot more to it than you might think .
Please don't mess with it. Get someone in.
I understand a TV is an electrical appliance but it doesn't have pressurised fuel or a risk of Carbon Monoxide.

Anyone remember the nuke submarine commander with the wooden cabin in the Scottish Highlands from a couple of years back?
He took the flack he got in good faith eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Camray 5 combi 90A switching off after initial burn in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up a flashing 79 code. Try restarting the boiler straight away but I have to wait 10 minutes for it to cool down before it works. I reset the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Some very helpful people on this forum (hi John.g) sorted me out with some issues with a faulty installation of a Grundfos UPS3 back in Oct/Nov 2021. My CH system has been running like a dream ever since. Until this evening. For months we have been switching heat and/or water...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock