Search the forum,

Discuss Calculation help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hdp160

Hi... Wavin 22mm Hep20 coiled pipe..... flow 12.5 ltr/minute...(at nominal mains water pressure at inlet) What I need to know is the expected water pressure drop over 50 metres. Many thanks in anticipation ...Nick

BTW I've looked on their websiteam and I can't find it in the technical specifications

if you reference the CIBSE design book, it reckons 22mm @ 12.5l/m (0.2125kg/s) and has a loss of .026 m(hd)/m

Last edited:
Thank you very much Jay.... I make that a 1.3 metre head loss over 50 metres of pipe or about a 0.13 bar pressure drop?

youre ahead of me there mate, I didnt calculate the total because I wasnt sure what the multiplier was for a bend on the loops.

Thanks Jay..... I don't know if my sums are correct either? .. perhaps someone could give thumbs up or down..... BTW no fittings just the total pressure drop over the coil of pipe is what I'm after...

Thanks Jay..... I don't know if my sums are correct either? .. perhaps someone could give thumbs up or down..... BTW no fittings just the total pressure drop over the coil of pipe is what I'm after...

yea mate, assuming I got my maths right then yours is fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculation help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock