Search the forum,

Discuss Calculating Inhibitor quantity. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobertG

I am currently studying my level 2/3 in plumbing and heating systems and thought Id ask the professionals. Is there a solid formula for calculating how much inhibitor to use on a heating system within different sized properties?

Normally 1l does about 10 rads (but normally says on bottle how many rads it treats)

Standard house I normally use two bottles (2L)

Can you actually put too much in, or is it best to just use 2 bottles for say a 3 bed house.

No as long as you don't go over the top e.g. 5-8 bottles in a 10 rad system

Normally 1 to 2 bottles will do most domestic systems

I am currently studying my level 2/3 in plumbing and heating systems and thought Id ask the professionals. Is there a solid formula for calculating how much inhibitor to use on a heating system within different sized properties?

If you're a pro, you should always read the datasheet for any product you use for the first time. Fernox F1, for example:

https://www.fernox.com/sites/default/files/product_datasheets/f1_protector_500ml_v.001_1.pdf

recommends a concentration of 0.5%. It comes in 500 ml bottles so one bottle treats 100 l of water. That's typical for a 3/4 bed house. If you want to be accurate you can measure the water content of the system when you drain it, with the aid of a bucket.

It doesn't have to be spot on but don't underdose. For large systems, e.g. commercial, use a test kit.

If you want to penny pinch, but still be sure of adding enough inhibitor, - put a full 500l bottle in and then half of a bottle (total 750ml) for a small 3 - 4 bed house. That way 3 bottles will do 2 typical small houses.
Just be aware of any direct thermal stores (with a direct heating link), because the cylinder will have massive amount of what is heating system water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calculating Inhibitor quantity. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock