Search the forum,

Discuss CADENT (NATIONAL GRID) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest Fields

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just had to call CADENT our to cut a gas main off for having a 23.5mb standing and 6.0mb working pressure. Yes, I did say 6.0mb. Never had one that low before.:eek::eek::eek:

Nope I've had 14 that's the lowest

I had 4mb once. Could only just get a flame on boiler, went out when cooker turned on.

Don't know why you asked grid to disconnect.

Phoned it in and they they came out and fixed it within two hours as usual.

He couldn’t get it any better and it needs a new main. He couldn’t get anyone out until tomorrow.

Grid would not cut off a supply 'cos an RGI asked them to. The RGI presents the problem, and they decide upon the appropriate (in there view) course of action
True dat mate. True dat. I was hoping they would fix it there and then. But then again wasn’t he the one that said he would do a boiler change for £1000.00?

tbh nation grid Sod me off. By me they now wont touch a main that has 17mb or higher at ecv nut. They wont test with the boiler in service mode so moduation gives them another excuse. they have lowered gas mains pressures to around 25mb because the mains leak so bad. they will try anything to avoid costs.

the other problem is they are paying private contractors to plastic line the mains, these guys are on price work and tend to do a really bad job. sometimes they use 16mm pipe inside the old main and if its found out after 2 years the private companys warranty is passed so the grid has to pay to replace. total codge job.

There is loads of main grid replacement going on around my way at the moment. Putting smaller pipework inside the old has resulted in many properties having a low service pressure. When I have called them (many times this year) they have come out replaced the main properly and then buggered off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CADENT (NATIONAL GRID) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock