Search the forum,

Discuss Cable to an electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A friend has asked if it is safe/allowed to run a surface mounted cable to an electric shower?

It's happened at his grandparents house down south and he is a bit worried

Said its surface mounted but in a conduit

Sounds rough but is it ok?

Yes ok normally done on social services grant jobs

I guess it doesn't matter if the outer coating gets wet

Trunking normally is ip 45 rated so other than sealing to shower it should be fine

Mira shower ?

No idea
I'm not involved, just got asked if it was allowed

Yep fine normally done if all the tiles haven't come off, I normally run the shower feed in the same mt4 normally

Reply to Cable to an electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello, and thank you for reading. My partner and I have just purchased our first property that came with a dual cylinder electric water heater, and an electric shower in the bathroom. As it happens, the shower needs replacement, and we were thinking of removing the electric shower (Mira Sport)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. A few little question When installing a new elctric shower, can the cable and cold feed come through the same hole? (Uk) Can we use push fits to conect it to the shower feed? Is hep pipe work OK to run right to the shower feed down the wall? Many thanks in advance...
Replies
Views
I have a strange problem with my Mira Sport electric shower. When I first turn it on its hot, even at the coldest setting. I have to let it run for a while, hear a thunk from the pipes under the floorboards and the cooler water comes with a bit more pressure. Seems toe it's not full pressure at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock