Search the forum,

Discuss C and g level 2 assesment"s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste b

Good eve, will be posting here when time to let you know what i think of the assesment and how well i think i am prepared, i have a few questions to ask so any info from peeps who have done this would be greatly appreciated, catch ya l8r..............

Eve peeps, sorry it took me so long,lol, right i am currently 2 months away from finishing the g and g level 2 course,no more 3 nights a week lol,passed most of the exams now and have one re-sit to do next week during my week assesment in college in which i have to plumb in a boiler,fit a bathroom, pipe up two rads with lcs,and also something on lead which i think is the chimney flashing,i am not completely sure if i have to do anything else on assesment i will find out tommz,during the months i have done up to now i feel it has been quite rushed by the teachers who have been a bit of a let down in my opinion,and i do feel i have done a lot of work outside the college along with the 10 and a half hours i put in at college,at the moment i have soldered about 4 fitting whilst at college,yeah 4 lol,and measured and bent about 6 variuos bends 90,offset and 135 bend,but that was at the beginning of the course, and next week all this is put into place lol, best get my bender out and practice lol, i feel confident about putting in bathroom suites and boilers,what it is that i am worried about on the assesment is that the teachers are old school if you know what i mean, and they say they give you just enough pipe and mistakes will be paid for if you know what i mean,and one or two of them take this very serious about messing up and do make you feel a little conciencious,(is that spelt right lol) at the moment i am on lead welding and have done 6 weeks up to now,this is another section i do feel we have been let down in the tuition department and a few will struggle as they have not even started the lead work yet,a few peeps have semi piped up a bathroom which i have not yet done in class and they have had more tuiton in the pipe measuring and bending and should do ok on the assesment i think,overhaul i do feel as do a few others this course has been rushed and a little disorganised but hopefully we all will get through and progress to another level in the plumbing department,

PS . here one the assesor said to me,

ME " why has the vent pipe from the cylinder got an offset bend in it on that one in class .

ASSESOR " thats how i like you to do it, its the right way and thats how we want it done

Let me know if the assesor is right or the jtl book cos in the book its straight off the cylinder with a slight incline, whos right????

Anyway good luck to all who doing this course and to everyone else in whatever your doing....

update post above should have gone here sorry, looking forward to replys, cheers, g night,

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed the low carbon steel pipe-work today and was not impresses with how they were assessed, mine where welll inspected with tape measure and spirit level and i had to re fit one pipe which was a few mm out of line,i didnt mind rectifying my mistake,my problem which i did complain about to my theory teacher was why did mine get assessed properly yet another students just got looked at from 10 m with his eyes only and yeah looks ok, is there any leaks?.....yeah just from the valve, said student, ok it be ok i check it when you have took to pieces, and that was it, is this normal in colleges, i will be complaining about this but probably best at end of course hey..............anyway i half way through the hot water tank should be done tommz all being well, then its bathroom and lead, with the teaching i had i will need more than a week,lol, catch you laterz................

Ste, Which college is it that you go to? please dont say MANCAT lol.

Sorry m8 i wait till i pass the course before i start saying anything about which college i go to lol, not manc though, is that yours?.. done the cistern and vessel now and finishing off the leadwork,people dont believe me when i saying i have to do leadwork,lol, not had chance to do bathroom yet,but all is well and everything been assessed and passed first time up to now.................good luck everyone

Completed the low carbon steel pipe-work today and was not impresses with how they were assessed, mine where welll inspected with tape measure and spirit level and i had to re fit one pipe which was a few mm out of line,i didnt mind rectifying my mistake,my problem which i did complain about to my theory teacher was why did mine get assessed properly yet another students just got looked at from 10 m with his eyes only and yeah looks ok, is there any leaks?.....yeah just from the valve, said student, ok it be ok i check it when you have took to pieces, and that was it, is this normal in colleges, i will be complaining about this but probably best at end of course hey..............anyway i half way through the hot water tank should be done tommz all being well, then its bathroom and lead, with the teaching i had i will need more than a week,lol, catch you laterz................
That the way the cookie crumbles sometimes you have too just get on with it.But i know what you mean last week all the other lads done their low carbon steel and it got signed off straight away.Then i done mine the next week it got measured pressure tested and had too be sealed with hemp on the fittings.

PS . here one the assesor said to me,

ME " why has the vent pipe from the cylinder got an offset bend in it on that one in class .

ASSESOR " thats how i like you to do it, its the right way and thats how we want it done

Let me know if the assesor is right or the jtl book cos in the book its straight off the cylinder with a slight incline, whos right????

Anyway good luck to all who doing this course and to everyone else in whatever your doing....

update post above should have gone here sorry, looking forward to replys, cheers, g night,

Right - You should be fitting the hot distribution off the top of the cylinder with a swept, or machined (benders) bend. This helps stops air locks when filling. and pushes the air if any from the system smoothy up the vent pipe. Your assessor should ask you to fit an offset only if the minimum 450mm from the center of the distribution pipe to the hot run from the connection to the vent cant be made. the offset stops the hot water rushing up the vent when the water expands by the 4% when it becomes 'hot'!!

does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C and g level 2 assesment"s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock