Search the forum,

Discuss Btsc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wanabaplumber

I to have had un told problems with BTSC i paid £9000 and still am paying as i failed one of the made exams BTSC make up but some how i passed the City and Guilds exam how does this work????????? this extra exam cost me £350 and so i have been told each exam does i was talking to someone else on the course who was coming up to expire and was told he would have to pay an extra £3000 or he would be kicked of the course he is taken legal action the MD of the company is Allen Jackson and drives around in nice fancy cars (Bentley) being one of them which we are all paying for him i have been looking around and there are many other plaumbing companines out there at a fraction of the cost i wish i just looked around be for i got in with these guys you seem to find alot about the real BTSC when speaking to students and also the staff who all moan about the managemt there

i will keep you all posted how i proceed with the course.

I to have had un told problems with BTSC i paid £9000 and still am paying as i failed one of the made exams BTSC make up but some how i passed the City and Guilds exam how does this work????????? this extra exam cost me £350 and so i have been told each exam does i was talking to someone else on the course who was coming up to expire and was told he would have to pay an extra £3000 or he would be kicked of the course he is taken legal action the MD of the company is Allen Jackson and drives around in nice fancy cars (Bentley) being one of them which we are all paying for him i have been looking around and there are many other plaumbing companines out there at a fraction of the cost i wish i just looked around be for i got in with these guys you seem to find alot about the real BTSC when speaking to students and also the staff who all moan about the managemt there

i will keep you all posted how i proceed with the course.

any update?

Fancy cars are irrelevant. If you were told about the terms and conditions of the contract and given them to read, it was up to you to understand them, and if you signed, then you tacitly agreed to them. The law applies the rule of "Caveat Emptor" or buyer beware. If you were mislead, then it is for you to prove this. Why anyone should think that passing a BTSC exam is a career benefit is beyond me. I can see it as a money spinner for the company for sure. The fact that anyone was 'sold' the course is also of no consequence legally. As a businessman who is in plumbing, I applaud successful sales. Remember chaps and chapesses, when you start plumbing yourselves and get out into the real world, you will have to sell your services - if you don't - you will go bust. Don't give up the dayjob. All I seek to do here is be general: I have no involvement with BTSC in any way shape or form.

A previous post says that BTSC has gone into administration. I think the bottom line is do a bit of research before jumping in with both feet.

Plenty of crooks drive fancy cars too!

I think the bottom line of this is to pay for courses by installments.

nb dont have to own flash car to drive one, hp all the way in most cases, until the bailliffs turnup.

i trained with btsc and am now c&g and nvq 2+3 qualified.

there is a lot of criticism about btsc own exams, and a lot of resentment about them particularly as they are not industry recognised.
the rationale for the btsc exams is generally regarded by many of their trainees as a money spinner, which may or may not be the case, it does however prove to any potential employer that btsc trainees have had to demonstrate a wider base of knowledge under exam conditions, than any other plumbing trainee.

i don't really have any complaints about the btsc exams, but thats because i passed em all! it tends to be the ones who don't put the revision in who seem to gripe about it.

KJ

i trained with btsc and am now c&g and nvq 2+3 qualified.

there is a lot of criticism about btsc own exams, and a lot of resentment about them particularly as they are not industry recognised.
the rationale for the btsc exams is generally regarded by many of their trainees as a money spinner, which may or may not be the case, it does however prove to any potential employer that btsc trainees have had to demonstrate a wider base of knowledge under exam conditions, than any other plumbing trainee.

i don't really have any complaints about the btsc exams, but thats because i passed em all! it tends to be the ones who don't put the revision in who seem to gripe about it.

KJ

given btsc,s reputation i doubt any employer would place too much faith in their own made up exams do you

the fact remains that btsc trainees have to demonstrate a wider knowledge by passing btsc exams in addition to C&G regardless of whether they are industry recognised or not.

the number of folk griping about not being able to pass these exams even tho they have passed city and guilds is a good indication that a higher standard of knowledge is required to pass.
any employer who can't see that this is a bonus, is probably narrow minded and not being offered a job with them is not necessarily a bad thing.

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry kay jay but they are worthless, nobody cares about them, a slightly harder wider exam proves nothing, sorry mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Btsc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock