Search the forum,

Discuss BTSC level 3 course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber86

Hi all i have just finished my modules 1-8 and have completed my level 2 and was just wondering if anyone had completed level 3 at the btsc centre and been placed on there "guranteed" job offer which is basically why people are paying all there money in the first place.
The course was great the tutors were great, apart from the big scams that are the exams and the time you have to wait inbetween modules but my point is you are kept in the dark about what happens when you are fully qualified.
I have heard rumers that you get employed like they say but it only lasts for a short while because basically even though your classed as fully qualified you simply dont have enough experience on site to be good enough, so why would they bother to keep you on.
Also i struggled abit on level 2 having no plumbing experience before and ive heard even of the tutors who work there that level 3 is really difficult, so i just no im going to fail it and end up paying alot more money because i just simply dont have any plumbing experience apart from the 8 weeks i did on the level 2.
I think the best option is to get an apprenticeship and do my level 3 at the same time to gain more experience but there simply isnt any apprenticeship jobs out there unless your dads a plumber.
It would be great to get any feedback thanks.

Hi Plumber86

I have also completed my level 2 and now looking to go on an do my level 3 and NVQ's but in the same position as you.
Hopefully you will get some sort of response to your question soon.
Would be interesting to here from others that have done their level 3 at BTSC.

Level 3 isn't too hard really, there isn't much practical, this biggest practical is your unvented which theory wise is very simple.

Most of level 3 is fault finding on gas appliances and theory, the exams are a fair bit harder but still managable, the big ones are open book!

I don't know much about the guarenteed jobs, I believe you have to take what your given which will be very low paid and for a time just to hopefully get through your NVQ's or get treated as a dogs body till you get fed up.

I did my NVQ's with my local college but I gave up with domestic plumbing as no apprentices jobs were going. I went labouring, met some plumbers working on a site, started as a plumbers mate then worked my way up, hard work but if you want to get anywhere you have to work for it. All of this was as self employed.

I'm waiting to attend the 2nd module of level 3. Found it quiet easy. had to installe an unvented clyinder boiler and some wirirng up... only assesment was to fault find on gas.

been told next one is same but the whole installation is the asesment.

One after that is manly tutorial with some fault finding?

Really don't think I'm getting moneys worth out of it, Can't see how I'll learn enough to be ready to go out to work without an apprentaship/traineeship.

I'm waiting to attend the 2nd module of level 3. Found it quiet easy. had to installe an unvented clyinder boiler and some wirirng up... only assesment was to fault find on gas.

been told next one is same but the whole installation is the asesment.

One after that is manly tutorial with some fault finding?

Really don't think I'm getting moneys worth out of it, Can't see how I'll learn enough to be ready to go out to work without an apprentaship/traineeship.

Also had to wait 9 weeks for first mod 7 for my next and have been told they're running mods with half full classes? Don't think people are sigining up after the bull**** we've all had of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem with any college or training course is you can only learn the under pinning knowledge and the basics. you dont have chance to carry ut numerous installations and fault finds etc etc, thats what you have to rely upon work out in industry for, to gain that experience
i agree with training of people, i am pro training but people need o relse its not the full picture, training gets you half way at best, then you and you alone have to bild on it.
you cannot blame any course for not giving you the skills to earn work as a plumber or any trade without you backing it up for a few years yourself

hi. i was a student of level 3 in btsc manchester, now they are in liquidation i don't know what to do? please any advice!

have they closed in Manchester? If not, pay them a visit in person and see whathey say.

good luck

i done my training there got my level 2 + 3 there, both nvq's, unvented hot water, and WRAS(NICEIC both) got my ACS now gas safe, training was more then you could ever ask for all the help given, but then again i agree with everyone about the waiting for modules and hidden payments for exams and all the rest of the sghyteeeee, o and yes our careers advisor D'R!!! is a ......................................., 100% job guarantee is a load of .................................. as ive been waiting for 5 months+, finding my own work now is all i can do, if anyone else wants to know anything else, just pm me.

thanks. i'm waiting for my portfolio from them, but what i can do now. got more colleagues in the same boat.confuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BTSC level 3 course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am middle aged and currently have a level 2 diploma in plumbing and heating and I am also Gas Safe. (level 3 gas engineering) I would like to get my Level 3 plumbing NVQ however I see that the courses include gas which I already have. Is there a way to gain this qualification by doing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just recently completed my Level 2 City & Guilds Plumbing Course and am now looking for bit of work / experience working alongside an experience plumber to further my knowledge, I am 33, based in Brentwood, Essex and have tools and car. I have done a few domestic jobs for friends and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock