Search the forum,

Discuss BTSC Chessington in receivership - again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like BTSC are going into partnership with another company (probably formed by a friend or relative of the founder of BTSC) then they will keep trading.
Problem will be that they will be under a new name and new company, so will the trainees get there money or a free place at the new centre?
As The company will no longer be called BTSC and the original contract was taken out by BTSC, I doubt it. please keep us informed though as would love to know where this goes.
I know where I'm going to do my Gas.....
A college, cant trust any centre really.

Hello All,

I felt it my duty to advise anyone thinking of dealing with BTSC now or in the future not to bother wasting your time as this despicable company are a team of CON MERCHANTS.

I SAT AT A MEETING WITH DAVID MARTIN THEIR DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT (watch out for this name in any of your dealings in the future).

£3000.00 WAS WITHDRWAN FROM MY DEBIT CARD ON JULY 6th FOR THE ACS Gas course. Turned up the Monday 9th to start my course to find the building locked and an apologetic idiot by the name of SILVANA TRACEY.

WROTE TO MAX CLIFFORD AND DAVID CAMERON - never heard a word back.

THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND FUTURE. HAD TO TAKE OUT A LOAN TO COMPLETE THE COURSE AT ABLESKILLS DARTFORD WHO I MUST SAY WERE FANTASTIC.

Hello All,

I felt it my duty to advise anyone thinking of dealing with BTSC now or in the future not to bother wasting your time as this despicable company are a team of CON MERCHANTS.

I SAT AT A MEETING WITH DAVID MARTIN THEIR DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT (watch out for this name in any of your dealings in the future).

£3000.00 WAS WITHDRWAN FROM MY DEBIT CARD ON JULY 6th FOR THE ACS Gas course. Turned up the Monday 9th to start my course to find the building locked and an apologetic idiot by the name of SILVANA TRACEY.

WROTE TO MAX CLIFFORD AND DAVID CAMERON - never heard a word back.

THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND FUTURE. HAD TO TAKE OUT A LOAN TO COMPLETE THE COURSE AT ABLESKILLS DARTFORD WHO I MUST SAY WERE FANTASTIC.

when did this happen?

This happened at the beginning of July. I was told that a deposit of £250.00 would be required. I was chased up on the Tuesday 3rd of July by David Martin. I foolishly gave this man my debit card details and security pin. On the Friday 6th £2995.00 was withdrawn using my Debit card. When I turned up on the Monday the 9th I didn't realise any money had been withdrawn. It wasn't until I thought I'd better check on my way home that I realised that David Martin had withrawn the full cost of the ACS course. Told the bank immediately - but too late. Gone....
DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THESE PEOPLE SAY - I WILL POST EXERT FROM MY BANK STATEMENT FOR ANY DOUBTERS

THE MONEY WAS WITHDRAWN KNOWING THEY WERE GOING UNDER - NEVER GOT A DAYS TUITION FOR MY MONEY

can you not report that as fraud, the bank should cover you as he took the wrong amount. you agreed to the £250 not the £2995?

Has been reported as fraud awaiting Barclays investigation but not holding my breath.

Gave David Martin their Director of Recruitment my card details for the deposit. He must of been laughing his head off.

I'm on the look out for him - must be out there somewhere

BTW not my PIN my 3 digit security code - had to get new debit card etc

Has been reported as fraud awaiting Barclays investigation but not holding my breath.

Gave David Martin their Director of Recruitment my card details for the deposit. He must of been laughing his head off.

I'm on the look out for him - must be out there somewhere

not defending what they have done, but I dont believe david martin owned the place, so may not have known what was going to happen. If you really want somebody to get then make sure you get the right person...

I spoke to one of their students yesterday. He called up the new place and they're trying to place him on a course. He said they seem helpful and should hear next week what date he starts.

I'll post up if u hear they've sorted him out.

Two sides and all that.

Two sides and all that.

i recall some posts around a year ago surrounding the landlord demanding extra money and they had to relocate.

there been at least 2 or 3 stories about this in the past, is it the same issue from last year not been sorted yet or a different one?

I understand that when it was purchased by Mr. Hunt they came to an agreement with the landlord which seemed to work fine for a while. I'm led to believe the landlord then raised the rent and then changed the locks after x months because the new rate wasn't being paid.

I understand that when it was purchased by Mr. Hunt they came to an agreement with the landlord which seemed to work fine for a while. I'm led to believe the landlord then raised the rent and then changed the locks after x months because the new rate wasn't being paid.

is that last time or this time?

it sounds very familiar

Not sure. Might have happened with the previous owner but I don't believe it has happens with Hunt before?

Not sure. Might have happened with the previous owner but I don't believe it has happens with Hunt before?

Most people renting out industrial units give a very low rental for the first 12 or 18 months as an incentive, after that time the rent goes up to the agreed/required amount. Is this unreasonable if agreed at the time?

Of course not and perfectly simply to factor into a business plan.

I wasn't very clear in my previous post. I believe they picked up the business from the previous owners, rental agreement and all.

That's my understanding.

This seems to be an exact repeat of what happened at Manchester BTSC . Taking money right to the end even though they knew they were going under. Then the promises that they were going to start up in a new place which never happened. Just a smoke screen to gain time.

I believe Manchester closed because it wasn't a viable business. Not sure what happened to the students but I heard they were offered placed at Chessington.

Shortly before Manchester shut down the two bussinesses were separated into two separate comanies so the trainees from Manchester were told Chessington BTSC was nothing to do with them so all lost their money including me. We were told they were looking for new premises but that never happened. I'd paid for my gas training and exams up front and lost it all.I can't afford to pay for it again.

To be honest I'm just going on what I've heard. Everything you need to know will be filed at Companies House and you can lay your hands on it all for under a £20.

BTSC Chessington
BTSC Manchester

I'd be knocking at their door TBH.

hi rodolphe i phone you a while a go about btsc do you kown any more info any chance of getting any money back .

Hello ive just registered.

I have completed my course at BTSC and i needed to spend an hour with the trainers finalising my level three work place evidence portfolio. this was back in april 2012 and at the time the trainer said do i want them to keep hold of my portfolio and use some of it towards my ACS which i agreed. Well over one year later due to work commitments i thought i would phone up and tell them to put my portfolio in to city and guilds as im not going to have time to sit my ACS and i got the no number dialing tone.

so a quick google and it has led me here. Am i now absolutely knackered trying to get hold of my portfolio?

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BTSC Chessington in receivership - again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock