Currently reading:
BSE 2000 Langley College 2011/12

Discuss BSE 2000 Langley College 2011/12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Just a last update on this course for anyone who may be interested.

The course is ending in 2 weeks, it's been OK, just OK.

The practical side which was steered towards plumbing was good, great teacher. Some of the bits were simple, some more difficult. Very little practical experience with toilets, baths, sinks, taps, rad etc. but we knew it was a basic course, were going to do some bits in the coming weeks.

Theory was a bit of a farce, we spent from Sept 2011 until Feb 2012 doing H&S then did the exam, all OK with that but it left very little time for the 3 other units to be studied in class and take the online exams. As an example, the most difficult, scientific principles, we were given 3 weeks to learn before the exam, the one we took yesterday, roles and reponsibilties we were give 2 weeks with no tutor input and just a booklet to read in our own time, terrible really but passed with 90%.

The course leads straight on to NVQ level 3 in plumbing if you are in the industry.

For me, I've continued to do small jobs for people and learned quite a lot.

In comparison to the 6129 which is dedicated to plumbing then that is a better course as you'll do your bathrooms etc.

I'm now looking for another evening course at a college in plumbing but they're not easy to find in the area. I'd like to do the level 3 but at Langley it's only run daytime and I work.

so, all in all, glad I enrolled, as it was free in the end (except college registration and exam fees) and learned some basic stuff which was great.

Any comments are appreciated, any thoughts on a next course also welcomed, I won't call myself a plumber just yet as much to learn!

Regards to all.

Rocket

glad you found it ok

i do remember telling you it wasnt plumbing but it appears to have delivered what it said it would

there is a new 6129, the 6035 which is a very modern version. id recommend you do the 6035 level 2 then progress to the 6035 level 3

you dont need to be working to do these courses

Thanks Fuzzy

Unfortunately my local college is still doing the BSE2000 and no other plumbing courses.

I am looking though

Yep, the 6035 is what I want!

I'll keep looking

Done a few jobs, all OK so far, small bits.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BSE 2000 Langley College 2011/12 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back