Search the forum,

Discuss Broken Bahco Adjustable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

djobe

Gas Engineer
Was undoing an old nut today when my Bahco 9029 6" adjustable just snapped.. Anyone had any dealings with Bahco. Hoping they swap this over as it's been less than a year since purchase. I'm shocked at how they just broke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 205
Me neither and even though all mine are over 20yrs old and have had extension pipes on them and been clouted with copper n hide mallets that`s never happened.

Last edited:
Never had any problems with my bahcos still have the same ones from when I did my apprenticeship but that must have just been a weak spot on yours and you have just been unlucky

I've got 2 other ones that's I've had for a lot longer and they're fine. Was shocked when it happened probably because of the crushed finger I now have ha

If there`s no signs of hammer marks then I reckon they will take them back.

Was you using the spanner the right way around?

I'm surprised that this thing does not happen more often, especially with the wide jaw versions. Although we all do it they are over worked past there designed use all the time. I'd contact bacho and see if they want it back for testing.

Some of those newer Bahcos are now made in Spain.
Maybe quality not same as the Swedish originals.

Out of interest - what a replacement worth?

Is it really worth the hassle over a 6" spanner.

They will claim its due to wear and tear and not covered under warranty.

Just get yourself a new one and bragg to everyone 'how you broke a Bahco spanner'

Or just pretend to yourself that you lost it

It's a twenty quid spanner and less than a year old so they should replace without quibble especially if you have proof of purchase. If you don't, just mention that it wasn't "fit for purpose", I'd expect them to replace it nonetheless.

Looking good , no signs used as a hammer . Would let them know .
( haven't dropped something heavy on them to start a crack ? )

Mine all seem fine even been hit an odd few times with a hammer when trying to remove nuts and olives. Seems like you have been a bit unlucky.

Spoke to a guy from Bahco I've been told to send back to who I purchased it from and they will refund the supplier. Unfortunately after 90 days eBay don't keep your purchase history and I don't have a clue where the receipt is

Must admit I've only ever had Bahco and they're still all in my toolbag. Best spanners on the market for me, bought an 8" wide jaw a few months ago and although it has its uses the jaws seem sticky and tight and am constantly readjusting it while using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broken Bahco Adjustable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock