Search the forum,

Discuss Britony II T gas water heater 'hunting' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a hot water tap is opened, everything is fine. When a shower is used, there isn't enough flow to keep the water heater happy, and after a minute or so it turns off its burner and waits for a minute while the hot water runs cold, then turns the burner back on and repeats that cycle endlessly. If a hot water tap is half open at the same time as the shower is used, everything is fine - the water heater runs continuously.

Please advise what may wrong with the water heater and how it can be fixed. I have fitted a new diaphragm and stripped the lower half of the gas valve (below the diaphragm) to no avail.

Are you gas safe registered??

This is an open forum and regardless of whether or not you
are gas safe registered then boiler repair or gas related advice
cannot be given for safety reasons.

There is a sub forum here that registered gas operatives can join
for discussions and advice of this type.

• Winner
Reactions: Lou
@Lou maybe a close upto you tho

Sorry guys, GSR talk in the GSR forum..

If you don't have access and have more than ten forum posts then PM me with your credentials and I can sort it for you.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony II T gas water heater 'hunting' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I have turn off the water main (at the sidewalk), cold water intake to water heater and opened up all other faucets in the house. However, the shower...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock