Search the forum,

Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet it was knackered before you started stitched up springs to mind,you move it and it leaks thats also your fault i cant see how by standing on it you can make the pcb fail sorry but thats not washing with me i would have disputed that claim
That's the difference between British Gas and you. We don't argue with the customer, if there is a doubt it was us at fault then we put it right. I know for a fact this customer wasn't taking the Mick, she was genuine, and as the pcb is situated right at the front of the washing machine where I put my foot, then how can I say it wasn't me?

I love the way the people who are quick to have a go at British Gas are suddenly saying that if they were in the same situation as I was with the washing machine, would argue the toss with the customer saying "it's not my fault" lol

That's the difference between British Gas and you. We don't argue with the customer, if there is a doubt it was us at fault then we put it right. I know for a fact this customer wasn't taking the Mick, she was genuine, and as the pcb is situated right at the front of the washing machine where I put my foot, then how can I say it wasn't me?

As said you were gullible but then again the cost of the repair never came out of your pocket so no skin of your rse. The difference between your world and ours is your big buffer zone. (my buffer is called insurance but i still have to justify to them)

I love the way the people who are quick to have a go at British Gas are suddenly saying that if they were in the same situation as I was with the washing machine, would argue the toss with the customer saying "it's not my fault" lol

You don't need to argue anything as you work for a multi million ÂŁ corporation who will cover your rse!

As said you were gullible but then again the cost of the repair never came out of your pocket so no skin of your rse. The difference between your world and ours is your big buffer zone. (my buffer is called insurance but i still have to justify to them)
Customers want peace of mind that if it does go **** up then it will be put right. Still waiting for a reply from the original poster of this topic. Hmmmmmmmm

on the 11 of last month we had new boiler fitted by british gas all worked well for a month,the fitter put the condensation pipe into the wc waste pipe
and filled it with filler we didnot no this till we emptyed the bath one night and had water leaking down the wall from the joint call british gas back out to do repair it took them 7days to come out to do repair ,they put more filler on the joint and its still leaking,had a new fitter out and he has put a advice notice on the boiler saying the flue is not angled back correctly,but my pipe is still leaking ,any one no what i can do about this british gas dontwant to no,

I'm still here and waiting to help in any way I can, if you really have got a problem with your installation that's only 5 weeks old then please let me help you.

Er no its called customer care , take care and pride in your work then all good quite clearly you dont as you have an attitude of bg bail out

Customers want peace of mind that if it does go **** up then it will be put right. Still waiting for a reply from the original poster of this topic. Hmmmmmmmm

And big gas are the only company in the land that gives peace of mind?. Talk sense. Even your 1 man band will go the extra mile for customer satisfaction. (excluding the cowboys who are here today gone tomorrow)

Can this please stop sometime soon? I'm actually bored of hearing about it. Too many threads about this...They are all same, end up been nothing to do with original post.

As I said.......... Still waiting for a reply from the original poster of this topic. Hmmmmmmmm

hi doodlebug if you can let me have a email address i will show you the pics of the poor work ,and yes he was in a bg van and uniform

615.jpg622.jpg
A high percentage of installation work is carried out by contractors, was this the case here or was there a British Gas van on the job? As I said earlier, demand this is put right, British Gas aren't always perfect but I can assure you they will always put the job right. Can you look on the paperwork for a work request number and pm me, I will make sure you are looked after.
hi , this is a pic of the joint that is leaking,and the pipe work in the bed room it looks a mess

They have cracked the strap on boss by the looks of it need to replace it with new not just keep covering it up with silicone

i would suggest you take doodlebug up on his offer and send him the job number so he can raise concerns on your behalf . Am sure when he sees the pictures he will be disappointed in the quality but he will get someone on it for you.

kind offer doodlebug

hi doodlebug the job number is 43918010 work done on the 12,10 and 13,10,2012,thks for your help ,pete

if you have no joy come back and let me know we cover that area and i have a lad in mansfield that will come down. but i would imagine doodlebug will sort you out

Fair play to Bod and Doodlebug for there efforts to help. I hope you get it sorted.
I admire Doodlebug for the way he defends his employer but definatly time to move on from this one. (However fun it has been) ;-)

on the 11 of last month we had new boiler fitted by british gas all worked well for a month,the fitter put the condensation pipe into the wc waste pipe
and filled it with filler we didnot no this till we emptyed the bath one night and had water leaking down the wall from the joint call british gas back out to do repair it took them 7days to come out to do repair ,they put more filler on the joint and its still leaking,had a new fitter out and he has put a advice notice on the boiler saying the flue is not angled back correctly,but my pipe is still leaking ,any one no what i can do about this british gas dontwant to no,

Make a complaint to British Gas Customer Services giving them 28 days to correct matters - details here:-

HomeCare® Complaints Process - British Gas

If they don't respond to your satisfaction within the 28 days, then put a complaint in to:-

Financial Ombudsman Service

Put the relevant job numbers in the heading of the complaint, and some photographs of the problem.

Include the same for the Ombudsman, plus copies of any other relevant paper work, job sheets, invoice, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock