Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas TOol Box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders09

I'm in need of desprete help. My van was broken into last night and my tool box was stolen together with other bits and pieces.

The tool box in question is the one that BG engineers use. (blue one)
Does anyone know where I could buy one.

I've looked over the internet and no luck or if anyone has one for sale new or old please let me know.

Regards

Andy.

Sorry I do not know where to get a tool box, but this has reminded me of what I have done in the past for an alarm

It takes a bit of sparky work to do but it works well

1) 12v 120 dB klaxon
1) key switch (removable key type)
1) latching relay with a 30 second delay
1) or more door switches, make on opening

From the vehicles battery, run to the key switch, then to the door switch/s, then to the relay, then to the klaxon, I think that is how I did it the last time, the 30 second delay is to give you time to open the door and turn off the alarm
Run all the wiring in conduit so that the bug ers canot rip the wires out and stop the alarm
120 dB up close is a hurting sound

Sorry I do not know where to get a tool box, but this has reminded me of what I have done in the past for an alarm

It takes a bit of sparky work to do but it works well

1) 12v 120 dB klaxon
1) key switch (removable key type)
1) latching relay with a 30 second delay
1) or more door switches, make on opening

From the vehicles battery, run to the key switch, then to the door switch/s, then to the relay, then to the klaxon, I think that is how I did it the last time, the 30 second delay is to give you time to open the door and turn off the alarm
Run all the wiring in conduit so that the bug ers canot rip the wires out and stop the alarm
120 dB up close is a hurting sound

brilliant, be better if the nannyh state allowed us to electrocute them but your idea sounds fine,
to the OP the clue is in the question, get a BG toolbox from a BG engineer or get into a BG store and ask if they would advise where they get them from, what is so special about them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in need of desprete help. My van was broken into last night and my tool box was stolen together with other bits and pieces.

I've looked over the internet and no luck or if anyone has one for sale new or old please let me know.

Regards

Andy.

if its the open type they are on fleabay

Can see were rodders is coming from,your tool bag/box is like part of your arm and important to have what suits you :)
Have had my tools stolen a few times,takes ages to replace everything,the main tools you can do,shock how the cost mounts up but its the little bits and pieces that you miss

I think he means something like this. This one is a cheap version in comparison, not the same.

Thank you for your replies guys.

I've manage to get one from a BG engineer.

Just need to fill it up with tools. So far spent ÂŁ200 and still have got what i had before.

Regards

Andy.

hey is it this 1 Google Image Result for http://www.tramikisupplies.co.uk/ekmps/shops/tramikisupplies/images/raaco-open-toolbox-as-used-by-british-gas-engineers-carpenters-electricians-etc-ean-121293-465-p.jpg

see you got one in the end well done any chance of a picture?.:) curious to see .regards turnpin

Wow that brings back memories from my British Gas days, Happy Days Lol

For me is really sturdy and heavy duty. I'm roughly 13 stone of pure muscle and no fat, (not) and it's been really good to me. Also i've used it to support cast iron boilers when coming of the wall and the box hasn't dented or broken.

I've used others in the market and so far I'll stick with this one. I hope this helps

Thanks To JGAS for providing the web page where the toolbox can be purchased.

Or KJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

i have put another thread on here about the bg toolbox but it costsÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ so whats the point?

Never quite understood why this tool box is so sort after. It just looks like a basic blue plastic box to me. Am I missing somthing?!

Stanley Magnum toolbox.jpg

I use a Stanley Magnum toolbox (Bout ÂŁ24 from B&Q) Still only on my 2nd one in 10 years. Big heavy bugger but carries all my plumbing gear an use it for a step, bench and even rested a 150kg rsj on it while I welded lugs on it! Drawers in the front for all the washers, plus, screws and a few fittings...... Fantastic!

These are pretty sturdy too - Not sure, but I think the link I posted are the actual ones they use????:cool:

Never quite understood why this tool box is so sort after. It just looks like a basic blue plastic box to me. Am I missing somthing?!
They are great boxes. Very sturdy and not too heavy. Easily hold my 15st of beef.
Handy for standing on to reach that flue test point that is just out of reach, or sitting on to fill out your paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas TOol Box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock