Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas powerflush and new boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 84970

Morning,

We have a Vokera Boiler which is roughly 14 years old. In the past year it has failed nearly every month and the last engineer from British Gas said that nearly every part had been replaced including a new board etc...

Last week we had to keep resetting the boiler as we had no water. Sometimes it runs for a week with no water then at other times it goes off after 5 minutes.

We have breakdown cover so the engineer said that he replaced two filters and that we really need a new boiler and a flush.

He said to my partner that they wont be able to get Vokera parts soon so would really need a new combi and he would get them to call to price.

I have read some mixed reviews regarding the flush as well as sales tactics by British Gas.

So really looking for advice on the parts, are they really running out ? My thinking is that if nearly every part has been replaced then its been really rebuilt ? but I know Hee Haw about boilers !!

and dont really want to be spending all that money on a flush and it doesnt work. The ONLY thing that they got us thinking was the interest free on a boiler but know we would be paying more for it in the long run.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

If you do go with British Gas to have the boiler done. They do a power flush at the same time as fitting the new boiler. Always more expensive to have them separately. I would also get a few local engineers to quote at the same time.

A flush will be a requirement for most new installations but BG will probably charge for it separately, make sure they don't or look elsewhere.

Most manufactures stop supplying parts after a set time which can make sourcing them very difficult, if not impossible. Its not just Vokera, Worchester bosh only supply for about 10-12 years. Definatley go for some local engineer quotes, a lot of manufactures will now supply a 10 year parts and labour warranty.

Would advise you go with a local respected installer and fit a boiler with a long manufactures warranty , a magnetic filter and of course have a power flush done. Kop

Check the gas safe register for local installers, don't get caught by someone claiming to be registered.
Also ask them to fit a Magna clean or Fernox TF1 prior to installing the boiler to get some of the magnetite out of the system before having your new boiler installed.

Reply to British Gas powerflush and new boiler advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock