Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas Apprenticeship Advice Needed Please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys got a phone call and the woman said i outperformed everyone at the assessment centre and i done exceptionally well. I got the job!!!! I cannot believe this im the happiest guy right now. A big congrats to Ajwiggan aswell, wer were in contact, his interview was the day before mines and he found out the other day that he got the job position aswell. It must be these forums that gave us goodluck, thanks for all the comments and feedback guys much appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D

Guys got a phone call and the woman said i outperformed everyone at the assessment centre and i done exceptionally well. I got the job!!!! I cannot believe this im the happiest guy right now. A big congrats to Ajwiggan aswell, wer were in contact, his interview was the day before mines and he found out the other day that he got the job position aswell. It must be these forums that gave us goodluck, thanks for all the comments and feedback guys much appreciated. :D :D :D :D :D

Well done Cobey! Best of luck in your new career. :)

Congratulations to u both . Now forget all you have heard on here about servicing. It's a saftey check and everything needs a powerflush and a spyrotec.

Hi guys
thanks ermintrude

it's so cool how we both got in we done very well cobey
cant want to start :)
its such a great feeling

Can't wait to leave my current job

lol i know mate whats the chances of us both getting it when they were taking on so little apprentices this year. I cant wait either to hand my notice in. I was so surprised as my main experience is customer service and the practical side of painting and decorating. There was mechanics at the interview and people at uni studying engineering, i thought to myself i have no chance. I think its because they are very customer focused and i have over 4 years customer service experience dealing with every customer you can imagine lol but ye cannot wait 98 days to go! but whos counting lol Are you attending a team working thing at the start? did the woman or guy explain that to you ajwiggan?

Hi guys
thanks ermintrude

it's so cool how we both got in we done very well cobey
cant want to start :)
its such a great feeling

Can't wait to leave my current job

Congratulations to you too, and good luck! Keep on the forum and let us know how you get on.

PS - if you can pass on details of every boiler replacement job BG quote on, it'd be much appreciated. We can follow on, quote it cheaper and buy you a Creme Egg out of our profit. Everyone's a winner! :D :D :D

Well done to you lads, all i can advise is stick on this forum and ask any question you can think of or if you're unsure on something!!

this forum has a wealth of knowledge in it, collectivly thousands of years worth of experiance to call on from regular posters.

i've learned a huge amount from it and i can 100% say i would not have the technical knowledge, practical skills or confidence i do now without it!!

Congratulations guys well done , At least you will be well trained and theres no such thing as a siily question, Is there ??

Thanks masood.

What really scared me was and hour and half on the way there I discovered I forgot my qualifications and all my id. The only thing I had was my driving licence and that's it.

i felt so silly when the lady came round to collect all the qualifications and ID AND ALL I HAD WAS MY DRIVING LICENCE .

then to make matters worse there was someone who lived really close to me because the other 4 lived far away. What's the chances of someone living right by me.

The team work exercise was different it really gets the best out of you

cheers guys yeh i will remain an active member and update yous on my new job :D cant wait, i really dont know what to expect but im so excited and happy to have a great secure job in the future. Honestly im still lost for words, i sometimes doubt that the recruitment lady phoned and offered me the position ahahaha

Cobey and Ajwiggan

WELL DONE FELLAS,

Good to hear good news.

I can still remember my worries and tribulations at my interviews for SSEB
South of Scotland Electricity Board.
I ended up with them for 35 Years.
Best wishes in your new careers.
:biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5:

Yeah me too
they told me on your own an installation can be 2,3 days long
is this correct ?

Im not sure mate, didnt really speak about it that much honestly mate its going to drag in until august :( i wish i started tomorrow!

Hi guys thought id give yous all an update. I started on the 11th of august and the first week we stayed in a farmhouse and done team bonding tasks etc really great to get to know each other, anyways the last 2 weeks at the job has been amazin especially last week when we actually began to learn about boilers, different heating systems etc and tomorrow we start getting to use tools etc :D cannot wait to get in about it and get started!! British gas definitely take care of their employees, they kit you out with all new tools, ipad, satnav, van, top of the range uniform and all the PPE you can think of! lol anyways take care guys :)

have you had the frontal lobotomy yet, once thats done your their's for life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Apprenticeship Advice Needed Please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock