Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan mixer tap - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

graeme223

I have a bristan quest mixer tap on my bath and the hot tap is running even though the tap is switched off. is there any way of getting the head off the tap to carry out maintenance?? the website shows a grub screws on the tap part of all their other taps apart from this one model, i realy dont want to have to remove the whole tap from the bath

There should be a chrome blanking plate on the back of the tap head, prize this off then put in a small allen key, undo the grub screw and pull off the head, the 1/4 turn ceramic insert is an unusual one, take it to th a plumbers merchant to get one. You might have to use a socket set to get the brass body out of the tap as it might sit low in the tap making it impossible to get a spanner on it.
In my exp once a ceramic insert starts leaking thats it there is no way of repairing the insert and a new insert is required.

The head just pulls off. As said you can try cleaning the disc and washer, it may be a bit trapped dirt but it will most likely need the valve insert replaced.

The head just pulls off. As said you can try cleaning the disc and washer, it may be a bit trapped dirt but it will most likely need the valve insert replaced.

A concealed grub screw on the last couple ive done?.

I had to look it up as i wasn't 100% sure

[DLMURL]http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/INSTRUC.%20PDF-1060844-D2.PDF[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just done a bathroom swap for my father in law, I didnt tape over the open pipes when i was chopping off the old tiles, debris got in then found its way into the Bristan tap, the tap wouldnt open, rather than stripping the tapand finding out why it was jammed, I forced it and turned the tap insert into broken polos, the insert was different to the one i had on the Van and the head was deffo held on with a grub screw.
I had to drive back the next weekend to Essex from Nottingham to put in a new insert, silly silly Myles.

Hi
I work for Bristan. If you call us on 0844 701 6273 or email us at [email protected] we can send a new cartridge for the quest tap FOC you can then download fitting instructions at www.bristan.com pput quest in the search box. then click on product and boxes will appear for fiiting instructions and data sheets acroos the top. Click on and you can download a PDF.

If you want an engineer to fix it we will also send one FOC as long as the tap is within its 5 yr warranty (which it should be as I dont think we have sold this product for 5 yrs)

Hi
I work for Bristan. If you call us on 0844 701 6273 or email us at [email protected] we can send a new cartridge for the quest tap FOC you can then download fitting instructions at www.bristan.com pput quest in the search box. then click on product and boxes will appear for fiiting instructions and data sheets acroos the top. Click on and you can download a PDF.

If you want an engineer to fix it we will also send one FOC as long as the tap is within its 5 yr warranty (which it should be as I dont think we have sold this product for 5 yrs)

Now thats service for you, this is why you should buy decent quality brassware rather than cheap far eastern junk off the internet.

Thats why i always choose Bristan for my customers as they have great aftercare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan mixer tap - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock