Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Mixer Shower Keeps Going Cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Bristan mixer shower that keeps going cold, it goes cold for a minute or so and then comes back hot before going cold again. I have replaced the cartridge in the shower and also replaced the shower hose, there was a slight improvement for a week or so but it is now back to what it was like before. I have the same model shower over the bath and there are no problems with that so I assume the problem is with the shower itself. Any advice to help sort this out would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bazza4465

Hot and cold pipes in the right way ?

Always done it or just started ?

This has only started over the last few months and slowly got worse. The shower is a number of years old and worked okay before, nothing done to the pipework so the hot and cold are in the right way round.

All other taps ok ?

I have the same shower over the bath in the same room and there are no problems with that.
How do I get to the non-return valves and filters to check them, do I have to take the cartridge out?

Thanks for your responses.

If its a bar mixer, the filters will most likely be in the two inlets where the shower is attached to the wall, and probably no non-return valves.
If it's a concealed shower, could be anywhere.
Need to know the type and model.

Just a thought watch what the boiler does when the shower is running if you have other showers that work ok there must be a restriction somewhere

Bristan Shower 1.jpg
Bristan Shower 1.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
Bristan Shower 1.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
Bristan Shower 2.jpg
If its a bar mixer, the filters will most likely be in the two inlets where the shower is attached to the wall, and probably no non-return valves.
I only know that it is a Bristan shower. Attached is a photo of the shower and one with just the cartridge showing, is this of any help to show me where the non-return valve and filter are.
Thanks

Sorry about the last post with multiple attachments, I didn't think they were being attached and tried multiple times and posted it before realising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Mixer Shower Keeps Going Cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock