Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan 1901 Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Chrome Shower Valve N2 SHCVO C flow valve not closin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening chaps

Having issues with this new valve.
It is serving four body jets, all tiled now (waiting for the 14 day grout cure before full pressure test)
Fitted jets, cracked supplies to check watertight, and this happened.....

Top flow valve closed, temperature valve set mid way
Crack cold supply isolator - all good, no flow to jets
Closed that, cracked hot water supply - hear flow through pipes, dribble then constant low flow from the two lower jets - not enough to fill the jet loop so top two stay dry

I did flush all pipework through and sealed ends prior to tiling
Fitted valve with filters and flow regulators, then tried to check as above
Took valve off, filters clear

Called Bristan, very helpful, sending out new flow valve
I tried to take the old valve out, it is tight and started rounding off the nut so stopped.

Any similar experiences?

This shower was chosen by the customer so they could set the temp and shut off by the flow control and it would be set right for future use by just using the flow control.

I have connected it correctly, from front - hot left, cold right outlet on top - you doubt everything after a while......

Looking online at the Bristan website, they only show taking out a combined flow and temperature valve for cleaning - not helpful

HELP!

Try it with hot and cold isolators open at the same time. You might need to reset the temperature calibration.

Try it with hot and cold isolators open at the same time. You might need to reset the temperature calibration.
Thanks steady on, i'll try that
A new flow valve is on the way, l took out the original one today and it appears fine, no sign of debris - but there shouldn't be l did flush the open end through fitted the valves with filters flushed again then took the filters out and they were clean when l fitted the regulators.
I haven't fitted Bristan before, what is the procedure to reset the temp calibration?
Thanks again

Sorry, don't know the recalibration from memory. Have a look at http://www.bristan.com/product-files/577278/fitting-instructions.pdf page 22.
Cheers steadyon
I have the install info from Bristan with the valve l fitted, but there is nothing in there re setting adjusting temps., shame that.
The valve l fitted has a separate flow control and temp control, that was throwing me, simply the flow should shut off the outlet, but it isn't. Need to get that sorted when l get the replacement cartridge from Bristan before l can test temps.
14 day grout curfew from the tiler up tomorrow so can do full pressure test if cartridge arrives, just cracked the supplies up to now.
Usually kitchen and bathrooms, not wet rooms for me, l was volunteered for this on compassionate grounds....

Cheers steadyon
I have the install info from Bristan with the valve l fitted, but there is nothing in there re setting adjusting temps., shame that.
The valve l fitted has a separate flow control and temp control, that was throwing me, simply the flow should shut off the outlet, but it isn't. Need to get that sorted when l get the replacement cartridge from Bristan before l can test temps.
14 day grout curfew from the tiler up tomorrow so can do full pressure test if cartridge arrives, just cracked the supplies up to now.
Usually kitchen and bathrooms, not wet rooms for me, l was volunteered for this on compassionate grounds..
The replacement ceramic cartridge came, fitted it and eureka...or not....it doesn't drip anymore
Thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan 1901 Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Chrome Shower Valve N2 SHCVO C flow valve not closin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one. This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock