Search the forum,

Discuss Briggs & Stratton 550 series engine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gbheatingtech

Need a new engine for my Merry Tiller, and after some measuring and searching this Briggs unit will fit straight on.

Just wondered if any of you guys know where is the best place to get one, or if you had any experience with them i.e are they reliable?

Flea-bay seems to be cheapest so far.....

I've no idea of that particular model of Briggs and Stratton engine, but my old man has one in his generator that is now 24 years old, still has the original spark plug and oil and fires up first time on every pull of the cord

I don't know much about them, but I do know that Briggs & Stratton engines are easy to get parts for as so very common. Really need a bit of proper basic servicing - new oil & air filter & a proper spark plug. Run the engine until carburettor dry before storing them for months.
Briggs & Stratton had engines with "IC" on them which meant Industrial Comercial - for heavy continual use. Think they had lined cylinders.

It's an old Briggs from the late 50s so it's lasted well. Couldn't find another one from that age at a decent price to rob the bits off, so new engine it is

Cheers for the link, used flea-bay in the end, and engine arrived today so shall tinker with it this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Briggs & Stratton 550 series engine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler (open vent) which is 10 years old. It has been pretty reliable with only one fault (the fan unit gave up after 9 years) in last 10 years. It's also had one new burner, rubber seals and electrodes changed in services. I have noted that it's best to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Units involved: Gainsborough 10.5SE heater unit with Swirl (Screwfix 278PG) overhead shower kit with diverter. Hi guys. I have a Gainsborough 10.5SE shower heating unit. It has never given any trouble in the years I have had it. Until now it has been fitted with a generic handheld single...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm not a plumber, but I'm having an issue which keeps re-occurring and the engineers coming out to us do not seem to know why. So here is the story. We have a pressurised system. When our boiler was serviced, the engineer had to abort the service as he found the following...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock