Discuss Boulter Camray 5 oil combi loss of hot water??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boulter

It's a Boulter Camray 5 oil burning combi.
When heating is on shower and bath are piping hot.
When you shower during the day when no heating on it runs cold after a minute.

The pipes to the DHW storage tank feel hot but it's as if this tank isn't full before showering so runs cold quickly.
Where does this tank get a signal from to keep hot during the day?
Is the tank stat just for the cutout temp or cut in as well?

Tank stat works ok when heating is on as tank is hot and full then.
Presume flow switch is ok as DHW is supplied when shower is turned on(when heating on)
Think 3 way valve is ok for the same reason and heating is fine.

The programmer is a sunvic TLX rfp with a remote programmable room thermostat.

The 15mm water supply pipe to storage tank ,before flow switch, is half open, should this be full open?

Thanks for any help

15mm pipe should be fully open.

Have you vented tank?

Last edited by a moderator:
As above isolation valve sould be fully open, and during h/w only use is the boiler/Programmer set to H/W on

You need to check that when hot water is on and the hot tap is open that you have a live supply in and out of the flow switch, then check to see if you have a live supply to the pump, you only get how water when the heating is on because the pump is already running for the heating and it is also circulating the hot around the heat exchanger. I suspect that there is no hot only because either the pump is not activated by the flow switch or the diverter valve is partially stuck.The boottom lever on the diverter valve should be fully over to the left when you look at it for hot water only.

Tommorow will try venting,opening supply valve fully,check diverter is fully over and test flow switch.
Thought the flow switch was ok as when I open a tap the flow LED comes on and I do get full flow when the heating is on, the same reasons for presuming the 3 way valve was ok too.
Thanks for the helpful replies.

hi i have problems with my flow switch too. can you tell me can i link it out to see if that's what causing my lack of hot water? also do i need to drain down the system to replace the flow switch as when i loosened it with all the valves shut water came out under pressure. Also the red lock out indicator is on. how do i sort this please.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i have problems with my flow switch too. can you tell me can i link it out to see if that's what causing my lack of hot water? also do i need to drain down the system to replace the flow switch as when i loosened it with all the valves shut water came out under pressure. Also the red lock out indicator is on. how do i sort this please.
your better off getting an engineer in as you dont seem to have a clue on this one at all omho

from what you said your knowledge seems very limited so offering advice will only make things worse aparft from saying you need to look at it step by step to see why its locking out. Also if you dont understand about isolating and depresssurising a system to remove parts the less said the better. Personally oil and soild fuel can be equally as dangerous as gas but not enough of you have killed yourselves recently for the government to do anything about it yet.

Pauly, you have several issues there. The lock out could be anything in the burner and is a long way from DIY. The flow switch, as suggested already, is not something to tackle if you dont understand system pressure etc, you could really end up in alot of trouble if you went much further with this. None of us want to be responsible either legally or morally if we start describing how to work with pressurised systems and something goes wrong.
While I admire your desire to tackle it, please get a professional in, the right man can deal with both matters. (do ask any engineer if they are happy working on/ replacing parts on combis first - some guys just do servicing).
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boulter Camray 5 oil combi loss of hot water??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back