Search the forum,

Discuss boulter camray 3 sealed system conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Domhes

Hi to all, I have a boulter Camry 3 oil fired boiler, perfectly OK? I want to put a unvented cylinder in place of the domestic tank and loft cold water storage. My concern is this boiler runs a gravity hot water system and I want to change this to a sealed system with a pump and expansion vessel plus a filling loop. Is there any reason why this should NOT be done
Thanks for any advice

The engineer you use for cylinder will be able to advise on swapping to fully pumped.

get it done wrong and you will need a new roof if your lucky

Thanks for the replies obviously there will be a correctly fitted expansion vessel and a pressure relief valve. I won't be doing this myself due to the safety aspects but was wondering about the reliability of the heat exchanger in the boiler. Anyhow great forum... Thanks

most important is the fitting of the additional limit stat as per the instruction manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boulter camray 3 sealed system conversion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello, Re-jigging a serviceable Boulter Camray 2 boiler to run presurised instead of gravity. Manual says it can but we need to fit Manual reset Limit stat and Phail tube to put into boiler for sensor -both available. (Also Expansion vessel obviously!) This seems straightfrward - any comments...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock