Search the forum,

Discuss Bottom of Rad Cold on new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjl

Hi
We had our central heating system partly replaced last year with new boiler and replaced some of rads and got rid of pipework that was buried in the floor. As far as we can remember the system worked ok last year. noticed tonight that one of new rads was cool on bottom. all the others are hot all over. So i switched off all the valves to other rads and the cool one does get hotter, is this a balancing issue ? surely when it was balanced last year it would not need doing again??

Is your system open vented or sealed? was the system chemically cleaned and inhibitor added it is a common problem if it continues it will need addressing . kop

Is your system open vented or sealed? was the system chemically cleaned and inhibitor added it is a common problem if it continues it will need addressing . kop

It is sealed i believe no tank combi gas boiler. It had inhibitor put in when new boiler was installed but no separate chemical clean. Is it balancing issue ?

Its probably partially blocked it doesn't take much its needs isolating taking off and flushing through with a hose then puting back . cheers kop

Its probably partially blocked it doesn't take much its needs isolating taking off and flushing through with a hose then puting back . cheers kop

Would it have blocked up so soon especially as that new rad and system was drained and flushed when installed last year, why only that rad is getting blocked

Does not take much muck can get disturbed and can travel around the system , try doing what i said isolate both valves drain out the rad into a container or wet vac it out if possible plug the ends with blue roll take it off turn upside down to carry outside flush it through you will soon know if its magnatite. Cheers kop

I would be getting someone to try balancing the system properly before starting to dismantle things. If the radiator is getting hot when the others are isolated this is the more usual cause. It wouldn’t surprise me if they just fired up the system and went, just leaving all the lockshields in a fully open position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bottom of Rad Cold on new system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock