Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch greenstar junior 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, first post so go easy.

We moved in to our house a year ago and only since few weeks ago our boiler had started to show 0 pressure so I decided to open the external loop and refil the boiler to 1.5 bar and it lasted that long for a few nights then we checked it and it went up to 3.5 so I had to bleed some pressure from radiators to bring pressure down, the external loop valve is as closed as can be tight as can be turned and the pressure is still increasing daily, I am bleeding the radiators daily to relieve the pressure until we can get round to get time off to have someone have a look at it as it goes up to 3/3.5 bar everyday, I know it’s not ideal hence why I’ve come on here, any ideas guys on why it’s increasing when the valve is closed ?

do you know the pressure when its cold?

and have you disconnected the silver braided hose off the filling loop if its separate from the boiler

Hi Shaun thanks for the reply,

Even when it’s cold it seems it still raises in pressure, the filling loop has a filling valve one end and nothing only the fixing the other, if I took it off will it flood with water ?

Hi Shaun thanks for the reply,

Even when it’s cold it seems it still raises in pressure, the filling loop has a filling valve one end and nothing only the fixing the other, if I took it off will it flood with water ?

any chance of a pic of your filling loop?

Hopefully that shows it

7EDFAF72-55F3-4D6A-9B4B-ECC0A80846A6.jpeg

Your filling loop is probably passing, if you say your boiler went down in pressure, you then topped it up, and now it keeps raising pressure. First thing I’d check is the filling loop. To play it safe, turn your mains off, open a cold tap to relieve pressure, disconnect the braided hose then have someone turn back on the main whilst you see what happens! Have a bucket and towel handy, but it’s only going to be a small amount if it takes a day to raise pressure by 2 bar...!

Just be prepared to reconnect it quickly!

Hiya, this morning I took off the filling loop and replaced it with a new one which I can cap the end off it seems to have worked as I tried the previous one and water was passing through, what if the pressure increases again what would be causing it ?

Hiya, this morning I took off the filling loop and replaced it with a new one which I can cap the end off it seems to have worked as I tried the previous one and water was passing through, what if the pressure increases again what would be causing it ?

If it still increases when the system is cold then sorry to say time for a gas safe engy

Pretty sure that will sort it given your description, glad you managed to have a crack at it your self, keep us updated.

Like @ShaunCorbs said, next step is to call up a heating person to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch greenstar junior 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock