Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Bosch 6.3ah battery? in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi all. Any of you guys got these batteries and are they worth the money?

2. gmartine

gmartine GSR

...only for specific high draw apps like a grinder, circular saw or if using your SDS for small cores.

For that money I'd get two 4A or 5A batteries instead.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

no complaints for me using 1 6.0 lasts a bit longer than the 5.0 but nothing much

4. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

So I'm probably better off getting 2x 5ah batteries then?

5. ShaunCorbs

yea did you get to the bottom if your sds problem afterwards?

6. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Unless you really need the current draw or the increase in run time the 5ah are the best value option.

7. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Not as yet mate. I leant my drills to the brother in law this weekend so I'll be trying what you mentioned tomorrow hopefully.

8. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

It's to use with my 18v sds. For some reason I only managed 8x 6mm holes in concrete with my 4ah batteries!

9. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Out of interest. Do any of you guys have/use a 36v sds?

10. gmartine

gmartine GSR

The Bosch warranty applies to batteries and chargers for 2 years, I'd retest my fully charged batteries and if they're still **** poor contact Bosch or your supplier before buying a new battery. You should be able to drill many more than 8 holes.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. ShaunCorbs

i have the big 36v yes

12. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

I had pondered if anything over 18V means shorter gearbox life , depending on patience !

( but then . stuff thats 2nd hand usually means pre-abused )

13. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

id sitck to 5ah batts, heard alot of 6ah are not as good on output wise as the 5ah versions so dont make a huge difference.