Search the forum,

Discuss Boots? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ermintrude

Always wear boots, but getting sick of a new pair every 3 months. Use ones with tie scuff protectors as get told off for exposed metallic toe caps. Tried loads of different boots , currently dickies but the soles are pants, they must be laminated as just fall to bits? Had timberlands and Scruffs?

get told off for exposed metallic toe caps.

As in pit boots pit.jpg

Indestructable but people frown on them these days even if you take the steel wool to the caps :smile:

Last pair of boots i bought were from Aldi for £8 odds. Looks like they will last the same 3-4 months as the overpriced shyte out there.

I am currently wearing dewalt boots DeWalt Bolster Safety Boots Brown Size 10 | Screwfix.com# they feel like slippers when they are on and I have been wearing them for around 6 month and still the steel is still covered over I don't were them everyday but on average I bet 3/4 days a week, mainly because when your in however many different houses taking boots on and off is a nightmare so I wear my sambas when its days like that

just buy cheap groundwork ones cost about 28 quid from shoezone,they last roughly 10 months

Free socks and delivery with these ones but the young guys won't wear them unless they have shoe covers on :smile:

This is boot I usually buy, look good, waterproof but don't last. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377559302.643311.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1377559325.572969.jpg

Soul peeling away! That's the boots not mine I sold mine to the devil for some Hilti drill bits and a sausage and egg mc muffin!

Have had expensive boots, but no more. Cheapies from the local Boyes store. Sick of wearing out the toes and down to the steel. The expensive ones wear out just as quick as the cheap ones and the cheap ones are comfy as well.

How much is cheap? I got dickies for £35 delivered, they are half the price of ones I got from snickers direct!

OMG!

What are you guys doing to ruin a pair of work boots every 3 -4 months??
I wear trainers and have had the current pair a good 18 months. Am I missing something??

OMG!

What are you guys doing to ruin a pair of work boots every 3 -4 months??
I wear trainers and have had the current pair a good 18 months. Am I missing something??

Yes, you'll look like an amateur in trainers and despite the whole h&s gone mad with red tape, they are worth getting. Not only for the steel toe caps buy also a lot tougher soles, think stepping on a nail !

I wear safety trainers. Hard plastic instead of steel toe and sole. Do the job!

Depends on what your doing, site work,renovations or domestics in people's houses, but that's a ridiculous first sentence,,,,you wear what's comfortable, as if you wear a lot of steel toe caps it knackers your feet up in the long term...like mine..

Depends on what your doing, site work,renovations or domestics in people's houses, but that's a ridiculous first sentence,,,,you wear what's comfortable, as if you wear a lot of steel toe caps it knackers your feet up in the long term...like mine..

I know what you mean. But id not be without midsole and toe protection in the majority of my work.

Yeah, it was SAGS post about looking like amateurs by wearing trainers I found ridiculous, like a trainer/basketball type with a polycap myself. ..

Lee Cooper Safety Work Trainer 7 | Lee Cooper LCSHOE008-7

I'm wearing these at the moment and will do every summer. Got toe protectors too not sure to what standard but they are pretty solid. I will go back to boots in the winter but will get a decent set, if I wear cheap rubbish my feet are done in by 2 - not good if i'm still working at 9pm. Those trainers are very comfy although I do agree that boots probably look more professional but that's something for me to worry about when i'm out on my own one day.

I can't see past DeWalt boots & trainers. I've had my 'steely' boots two years now. I'd never wear steel toe trainers on any site, they just don't give your ankles enough support & don't feel sturdy enough for that enviroment.

Take care of your feet & toes guys, comfy sturdy footware is very important.

I wore trainers all day on a job last week and actually managed not to drop anything on my feet. Didn't drop a Stanley or a lump hammer or the old boiler that came off the wall, didn't drop a thing!!.........

Until I got to B n Q and dropped a sheet of 18mm ply on my big toe!!

I wore trainers about a month ago, nothing heavy and it was hot. Trod on a nail, not a happy bunny.

For those who find steel toe cap boots uncomfortable, what brand do you buy? It's all good and well buying cheap & cheerful but if ruins you feet, no point. I have dewalt and whilst not exactly as comfortable as trainers, they don't wreck my feet.

Maybe use insoles? Can't stand them myself, they always slide out of place.

For those who find steel toe cap boots uncomfortable, what brand do you buy? It's all good and well buying cheap & cheerful but if ruins you feet, no point. I have dewalt and whilst not exactly as comfortable as trainers, they don't wreck my feet.

Maybe use insoles? Can't stand them myself, they always slide out of place.

Bull.

The cheap 16 quidders i used to have were the only boots i have ever wore which didn't bugger up my big toe. A succession of branded expensive boots is pretty much deforming my big toes.

Back to the trusted cheap boots for me next time

I struggle to get boots to fit me because of my wide feet. It's annoying because none of the cheap ones fit. I also find that the soles on some of the cheap ones mark hard floors. I got myself a pair of steel toe cap trainers but they make my feet ache.

They are dead.
be2uzehe.jpg

8 months, Happy with that me thinks .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boots? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock