Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bonomi Shower Mixer Need Help to Fix Leak in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Paul Tan

Paul Tan New Member

One of the tap for my shower is leaking and I want to replace the cartridge(?) but I cannot seem to remove or loosen it using a spanner(10-14). There are no grub screws around it. Can someone please suggest what tool I need to buy for this or should I just hire a plumber?

Mu5Hmnb4SduKypruBl0Lng.jpg WRqGbwM4SgWmmoTW1LzqIA.jpg Oh0NhAg+TxCpUtiYcivt%g.jpg

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks to me like there may be another retention ring in there holding the cartridge in. Might be worth taking off the chrome fascia. Might give you more room to swing a cat

3. Paul Tan

Paul Tan New Member

I see I did not think of removing the chrome plate. I will try tonight.

4. Paul Tan

Paul Tan New Member

I was able to remove the chrome plate and see this now. Does these cartridge things turn and needs force? It is clockwise to loosen right?

O67Tw40LRieWhZuQFAJLFw.jpg

5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

no anti clockwise to loosen, righty tighty - lefty loosy, unless its LP gas