Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler will not fire up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Cant get the boiler to fire up, thus no heating. Messed a bit with it earlier today, and re-programmed the Danfoss controller, and it worked.
Heating was on, and then went off on time, but didnt kick in on the next cycle. Tried setting temp up high on thermostat, and turning electrics off then wait, then on. No Joy.
I am just a regular homeowner, and ideas?
regards
DP
OK so now after mulitple tries, the system has fired up, but now I am sceptical if it will operate on the timer as set. All the relevant lights come on i.e auto on auto off, all day on all day off. do I need to change the Danfoss Programmer? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
What boiler, and is there motorised (zone) valves?

Hi there,

As above check zone valves if fitted, move the lever across & it should return under spring pressure to original position.

You will hear it motorising back as the lever returns.

If you have set the programmer timings & it does not come on at designated times see if the programmer has a +1 button or advance button which gives a manual override input & boiler should fire up if room temp is below desired temp on stat (if fitted).

My guess is on the programmer as i have had a few that have gone a bit haywire BUT always check that you have new batteries fitted if it is wireless & that it is paired with the boiler,

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy, I managed to get system working this morning and have re-programmed for on all day, but now i have to monitor it to see if it cuts in and out.
I have an 'advance' button on the programmer and will try that also.

I have a couple of customers who despite me putting in a good rf programmer/stat with tpi that still leave it on a constant 10 degrees setback temp & then manually override it via stat to 19 - 20 degrees when they are in the house & are completely happy with that.

It defeats the object of fitting/programming these type controls but at least they will have low level heating through any cold spells or when they are away for a few days during the winter.

During the spring/summer/autumn they find the boiler will only very rarely kick in if temps drop enough.

Just another way of looking at it & if you find it works for you on constant setting with manual inputs for temp control then all is good,

Thanks,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler will not fire up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
My Vaillant boiler now only fires up for around 30 secs then goes off. The egg timer symbol then appears and flashes for several minutes. After that it fires up again and heats the rads. Would be grateful if anyone could suggest why this is happening. Thanks.
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock