Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler - when taps turned on full hot water turns cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mentosc

Hi,

We have a combi boiler (worchester) we had water leaking from the bottom of it occassionally - only small drips - so had a whole new diverter value (diagrapm etc replaced) nice and costly. All working fine - except when we turn the taps on full the water turns from hot to cold - if we keep the taps on low the water stays hot (all was working fine before we had the diverter changed) we are being told it's because the old diverter was probably a bit clogged up etc so was letting the water flow through slower - hence it stayed hot - now we have a new diverter the water can flow through much quicker and its just a case that the boiler cant keep up - so recommended not to turn taps on full - does this sound right to people? many thanks

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler - when taps turned on full hot water turns cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock