Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss boiler type, which one to go for in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. daro6789

daro6789 New Member

HI i have recently bought a house that has 4 bed rooms, 2 living rooms one bathroom and one ensuite,kitchn,utility.. and i have had conflicting information from two different plumbers about which type of boiler to get. It currently has no central heating. one has given me a list of combi boilers (

Around 30kw ones I looked at. Main Eco 30kw Baxi, duo tec 28kw or 33kw Worcester 30i Worcester 32cdi compact.
    and the other plumber says these wont be sufficient and i need a normal boiler and cylinder. help!! confused isnt the word which one should i go for??

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I believe that best practice in a large 4 bed would be cylinder and boiler. Especially if there would be a potential to extend. But I have had home owners ask me to price for a larger combi boiler with a larger hot water flow rate.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Baxi or Worcester cdi for me depends what your budget is

Unless your planning to have more than one shower room / bathroom combi

If you are unvented cylinder

But this depends on your incoming flow and pressure

Combi 15lpm and 1.0 bar min

Unvented 25lpm and 2.5 bar min

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Hello Daro,
    May I suggest you get a Heating Engineer round to assess and price it.

He/She will be able to calculate the Heating /Hot Water requirements for your property and determine the correct size of Boiler

They will also be able to measure the water main, pressure and flow and give Professional advice on what would be the most suitable Domestic Hot Water system, for you, your property and the people who live there.

At the stage you are at, you are in a position to ensure you will be happy with the system you end up with for years to come.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. jasonroy

jasonroy New Member

I think you should go for a Worcester boiler as these comes in LPG, gas, and oil fuel and will be within your budget and suit your home.

6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Worcester = nah

7. Snowball

Snowball New Member

Standard condensing wall boiler with unvented cylinder incorporating an off-peak immersion heater and facility to incorporate a solar panel. Have the controls fitted that will give you hot water priority.

8. Pro heat

Pro heat New Member

If you have a good pressure mega flow is the best option you will also have a hot water back up.
    But it's a bit expensive then Combi system, work with your budget.

9. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

In a family home unvented cylinder and boiler get a local company in to advise you cheers kop

10. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

And then the engineer won't get the job