Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hello guys,

i am wondering if someone is interested to install a boiler.
The old boiler is a saunier duval.

The customer wants a vanillant boiler , nest or hive room stat, magna Filter , 3rad valves changing ( lock shield ) , power flush 5 rads,

the boiler will be installed in same place if not a little higher to put the magna Filter right underneath. If someone wants to do the job please pm me. The job is located in east London . For you qualified gas engineers it should be a fairly easy swap please let me know if you want it.

IMG_0146.jpg

Nothing is ever an easy swap ! could be problems with gas supply, condense, pluming from flue

Nothing is ever an easy swap ! could be problems with gas supply, condense, pluming from flue

Plus Saunier pipework is not in "normal" positions, so a lot of crossing over involved. Not a lot of space there to include a magnaclean as well...

Thank you both for your replies,

I cant agree on saying its not an easy swap.

Obviously you can have always some issues but that should not be a problem to sort it out.

I believe when you install the boiler slightly higher you can easily install a magna filter as well as the pipework even though they are most likely to be crossed.

for an experienced boiler fitter / engineer it should not be a problem. Each boiler installation could cause some issues buts thats part of the job and industry.

drilling a new flue hole will not take long and should be fairly alright.

However, I was asking if someone would be interested to undertake this job as I am not gas safe registered.

I would be happy if someone could reply if interested.

Thanks you two for your replies

Kind Regards,

Ron

Cor Blimey lads give the boy a break offering a boiler swap.

I don't mind ppl telling me their opinion but I cannot have that if someone makes a big thing out of it. It's a simple swap , as said earlier installing the boiler a little higher core drill a new hole then you've got enough space to do the pipework as well as the filter. Nowadays ppl want the big money without working for it.

Don't get me wrong but I have seen a lot of ppl charging fortunes for simple works. I agree on being gas safe and paying for the good service and knowledge as well as for the tools right but before starting the job moaning and trying to analyse issues.

Less moaning and get things cracking ... For such a job you will get earn a decent amount of money.

I just offered as I am not allowed to install it myself but thought there would be someone who would do the job.

Maybe next time someone wants it.

Thank you guys anyway.

Ron

Cmon Gents it is a simple swap providing the gas pipe is the correctly sized And even if it isnt you price accordingly.

Cmon Gents it is a simple swap providing the gas pipe is the correctly sized And even if it isnt you price accordingly.

What's actually a reasonable quote for the job as I got a quote from a mate and I think it's slightly over the top .. He didn't even include to install a wireless room stat either nest or hive ...

He said I would need to call someone from their company to let it install :D yeah right as long as you know what you are doing you can install it.

Am I wrong with around 2.3k all in ?

I cant agree on saying its not an easy swap.

Obviously you can have always some issues but that should not be a problem to sort it out.

I believe when you install the boiler slightly higher you can easily install a magna filter as well as the pipework even though they are most likely to be crossed.

for an experienced boiler fitter / engineer it should not be a problem. Each boiler installation could cause some issues buts thats part of the job and industry.

drilling a new flue hole will not take long and should be fairly alright.

That's not an EASY swap, that's a normal install! New core hole, different boiler position, probably a new PRV hole, different condense run, fair bit of pipework changes.

Not difficult, but not easy. Just normal.

An EASY swap is "standard" pipework layout, same core hole, pre-existing condense pipework... Not that a normal install is difficult, but when people start saying "it's an easy job" quite often they mean "I don't think you should charge full price"...

That's not an EASY swap, that's a normal install! New core hole, different boiler position, probably a new PRV hole, different condense run, fair bit of pipework changes.

An EASY swap is "standard" pipework layout, same core hole, pre-existing condense pipework... Not that a normal install is difficult, but when people start saying "it's an easy job" quite often they mean "I don't think you should charge full price"...

Just get a boiler to match pipework then , if they have had a sunny then anything is better after.

See above post Adam. Alarm bells ring for me as soon as someone says "it's an easy job"...

Common man ... It is a simple job ...

Charging ppl between £500-900 labour for a simpl boiler swap in a day or day and half is a decent amount of money.

I believe other ppl wish to have opportunities to earn such a Money.

However, if you cannot cope to change the pipework as well as not to hang the boiler slightly higher you shouldn't be gas safe though.

What do you want guys ... Complaining on such a job when you are able to earn someone's weekly payment in a day or max day and half ...

This puts me off ... Just wanting big money but not doing a thing for it ...

Thats not easy for an qualified / EXPERIENCED gas safe engineer ?

What's wrong with you ... How easy do you want it ...

What's the deal by core drilling a new hole though
Whats the deal with changing a little pipework ?
What's the deal to drill another new prv hole?

It's part of the job.

I think that's part of job which makes actually fun, once the boiler hangs in position to start piping the boiler up.

By the way nowadays you don't need to worry about hanging the boiler jig as you have got everything prepared on a piece of paper just levelling and making sure about the flue.

Seriously looking for problems where no problems are ...

If you find it not easy then it's your thing but to me it's an easy swap without question

Last edited by a moderator:
Common man ... It is a simple job ...

Charging ppl between £500-900 labour for a simpl boiler swap in a day or day and half is a decent amount of money.

I believe other ppl wish to have opportunities to earn such a Money.

However, if you cannot cope to change the pipework as well as not to hang the boiler slightly higher you shouldn't be gas safe though.

What do you want guys ... Complaining on such a job when you are able to earn someone's weekly payment in a day or max day and half ...

This puts me off ... Just wanting big money but not doing a thing for it ...

Thats not easy for an qualified / EXPERIENCED gas safe engineer ?

What's wrong with you ... How easy do you want it ...

What's the deal by core drilling a new hole though
Whats the deal with changing a little pipework ?
What's the deal to drill another new prv hole?

It's part of the job.

I think that's part of job which makes actually fun, once the boiler hangs in position to start piping the boiler up.

By the way nowadays you don't need to worry about hanging the boiler jig as you have got everything prepared on a piece of paper just levelling and making sure about the flue.

Seriously looking for problems where no problems are ...

If you find it not easy then it's your thing but to me it's an easy swap without question

OK, now you're getting into insults. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt seeing as you are young and enthusiastic but relatively inexperienced.

I didn't say it was difficult. In fact, I went out of my way to say that it was not. However, you need to learn to value knowledge and experience.

I didn't say I couldn't do the work, I said that as soon as you describe the work as "easy", you devalue it. The work you describe is a normal install, and is worth normal rates. An easy job can be done at reduced rates. Do you see the distinction? £2.3K is OK for an easy job, it's not OK for a normal job.

It may be an easy job in your opinion, but as you can't do the job, your opinion doesn't carry much weight. By defining the job as easy you are no better than those chancer customers who list jobs saying "it's a 15-minute job, I'll pay £50" without actually knowing what the job really entails.

A few m/f elbows, tf1 compact, boiler of your choice up to a point, not a bad earner for someone around that area....

Just wanting big money but not doing a thing for it ...

Not doing anything for it other than years of training, thousands of pounds in course costs, registrations and insurance, years of working for a pittance to get a portfolio and experience, years of graft and sleepless nights building a business.

I'll give you a piece of advice, Ronnie, and it's the hardest lesson to learn - don't undervalue your skills. Put a proper price on the effort you put in to gain that knowledge. Customers will always try and beat you down on price, push back against the race to the bottom, don't join in with it.

I think it's a piece of pish and I'm gas safe .

When I was contracting to eaga and mears just use to turn up to all sorts. No time to moan on those jobs just get it done

I think it's a piece of pish and I'm gas safe .

When I was contracting to eaga and mears just use to turn up to all sorts. No time to moan on those jobs just get it done

I guess I'm in a minority then. I charge top dollar and aim at the top end of the market. I wouldn't do that for £2300. The job's only easy to those who've acquired the skill. Why sell those skills short?

OK, now you're getting into insults. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt seeing as you are young and enthusiastic but relatively inexperienced.

I didn't say it was difficult. In fact, I went out of my way to say that it was not. However, you need to learn to value knowledge and experience.

I didn't say I couldn't do the work, I said that as soon as you describe the work as "easy", you devalue it. The work you describe is a normal install, and is worth normal rates. An easy job can be done at reduced rates. Do you see the distinction? £2.3K is OK for an easy job, it's not OK for a normal job.

It may be an easy job in your opinion, but as you can't do the job, your opinion doesn't carry much weight. By defining the job as easy you are no better than those chancer customers who list jobs saying "it's a 15-minute job, I'll pay £50" without actually knowing what the job really entails.

I am not insulting you I have better things to do rather then offending you.

However, I agree on putting value on your knowledge but that's Exactly what I said in previous posts.

I may be inexperienced compared to you but I do t make fuss doing the job.

I just kindly offered a boiler swap and I am not quite wrong with 2.3k if you want to earn more that's up to you its your quote.

But I think we should not take a Micky out of customers and charging fortunes for a swap.

I clearly understand that things add up once you put it all in even if you price 2,5 on the end sounds still fair.

However I am not here to fight or look for any problem I was actually looking for someone's help that's all.

But I understand where you coming from cheers

I guess I'm in a minority then. I charge top dollar and aim at the top end of the market. I wouldn't do that for £2300. The job's only easy to those who've acquired the skill. Why sell those skills short?

I'm not saying what the charge or under value skills . Just saying it's not a difficult change.
Price what you need and get on with the job imho

I'd recommend we will leave it like it is.

Everybody has their own point of view and that's ok with me.
I just offered a job as I cannot undertake it.

I appreciate what you saying masood that's why we will leave it like it is and close the thread it's no point of arguing here about a boiler swap.

however, I appreciate that you all tried to help out.

Kind regards

Ronniee

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, who would have thought someone offering the opportunity of work on the forum would cause such a debate. Either quote for the work, or don't. If it was closer to me I would happily quote for it, its a pretty straight forward boiler swap in my eyes.

Thanks for offering the work out on the forum.

Everything is easy if you know how to do it... People landed on the moon...

Wow, who would have thought someone offering the opportunity of work on the forum would cause such a debate. Either quote for the work, or don't. If it was closer to me I would happily quote for it, its a pretty straight forward boiler swap in my eyes.

Thanks for offering the work out on the forum.

there is a lot of work of my customers which I currently cannot undertake based on the gas safe ... but i am on my way to sort it.

it wont be my last offer though as i always look for someone relaible and with good work ethic. well, didnt meet the right person yet.

To me that's an easy swap all day long.
easy money even at £2300.00 then again i dont live in london i know how expensive it is down there.

To me that's an easy swap all day long.
easy money even at £2300.00 then again i dont live in london i know how expensive it is down there.

But not in East London :) everybody is on bargain :D even about 10£

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock