Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler/shower/central heating problem...looking for advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justa wee question about my combi boiler and shower.
My DIY knowledge ispretty limited and before I call out a plumber or heating engineer(not sure who to call lol) I thought I would ask the experts on here.
My boiler is 8 years old now and when I first had it installed itwould heat up the 7 radiators in the house fine.
In the 8 years, Ihave replaced 4 radiators and now my boiler seems to struggle.
I haveto turn my kitchen radiator right done for the living room radiatorto heat up and vice versa. Also for the downstairs radiators to heatup decent, I have to have the bedroom ones turned down to setting 2.
Is there possibly a problem/fault with my boiler or is it due to thefact I have replaced my old radiators with slightly larger ones?
Nextquestion is about my shower.
My mains pressure is great and my showerI have is 10.5kw power shower, but I have to have it turned rightaround to the hot setting for it to be decent, but when I do there isno pressure. Is this due to my boiler or is it due to being a crapshower?
If my water pressure is good and if my boiler is fine whatwould be the best shower to have? Either a power shower or one thatruns of the mains (if that makes sense)
Sorry also meant to say thatwhen I run a bath I have to have the hot water on slowly to be hot asif I run it pretty fast the hot water goes luke warm pretty quick.
Thanks for reading this long post and hopefully someone can give me awee heads up before I call someone out.

1. Your radiators need to be balanced. Read this thread. http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/87115-croppies-balancing-thread.html

2. It sounds to me more like you have an electric shower rather than a power shower which isn't compatible with a combi anyway. It's winter. It's cold. The incoming water supply is colder meaning that you need to slow the flow through the shower to achieve the temperature you're looking for.

3. A combi is an instantaneous water heater. As above the slower you run the water the hotter it'll be. It is what it is.

When was the boiler last serviced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler/shower/central heating problem...looking for advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock