Search the forum,

Discuss boiler restarting is it the pump faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickytwohammers

sorry forgot what i should do micky2h here
Wilo pump RS15 when central bleed screw is removed lots of water shoots out

rather than a dribble does this mean impeller is not spinning boiler is restarting every 30 seconds
G/S 217929
[
§/COLOR]
any clues please

Last edited by a moderator:
They generally gush water out when the bearing seals have gone.
Check for electric supply first, if you have voltage and you can't make it start with a small screwdriver in the shaft. I'm afraid it's had it.

thanks pump is running i.e. power etc
but gush water seals might be gone i was wondering if blocked or impeller loose might cause access water from front and hence boiler restarting

Might not mean the pumps gone, Iv noticed some shoot out more water than others...

Ravenheat CSI about 9 years old it keeps starting turning off on all works but not as it should be
i thought pump maybe not be working propely

Ravenheat csi is a combi isn't it? So you've removed the boiler casing to access the pump?..

yes the case was has to be off
the pump is not leaking wth bleed screw in but boiler still restarting
just wondered why so much water if it was a clue to problem

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Please read the forum rules.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler restarting is it the pump faulty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
P
I have an oil boiler for the central heating. Some time ago it stopped working, and as it was during the summer I stupidly left it for quite a few weeks to try to get it fixed. It was eventually fixed and it seems the cause was a faulty photocell. Although the radiators heat up to hot, Ive...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody! I have little issue, and hope you will be able to help: I have very old oil boiler on conventional system. What happens is: When i turn central heating on, boiler is heating for about 1 hour, what happens at the end is pipes sound really loud(loud crackling sound) and overflow...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock