Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler reset button needing pressed after hitting thermostat level - post bleed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin747

A few days ago our tank ran dry of oil, we got the tank filled and the bled the boiler (RDB2.2).

The problem we are having is when the heating is turned on at the electronic control in the house it does not start unless we go out and press the reset button, at which point the boiler fires up and the radiators start getting warm.

Once the boiler shuts off due to the thermostat it will not switch back on unless the reset button is again pressed.

What could be the cause of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Colin. It could be any one of several things. You might have drawn some crud from the oil line/ filter into the boiler and it is causing the oil pump to fail, or partial blockage somewhere at burner. Or you could have a coincidence of another problem such as motor not able to start to turn easily.
You really need an engineer to service it all as this should mean filters etc are all checked and replaced.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler reset button needing pressed after hitting thermostat level - post bleed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and wouldn't fire up when reset so I called out the local (but recently retired) engineer to see what he thought. He thought it was the pump so he serviced the...
Replies
Views
Hi, wondering if any of you have come across a gun type oil burner that needs reset every time the thermostat shuts it off? What can cause this? I have a spare known good burner, I have swapped over control box and photo resistor but still does it. Once started burner will run happily for hours...
Replies
Views
I have got Ideal Heat H15 boiler and got Hive thermostat active heating installed recently by electrician. After multiple rounds the electrician managed to get heating on from the Hive thermostat. When the heating is on, boiler fires up and passes to the radiators. Pressing the Hot Water to On...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock