Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler replacement north kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, in a couple of months I'm remortgaging with the intention of a loft conversion. The only way that I will be able to get a staircase in is to start the stairs in the cupboard on the landing where my cylinder is currently housed, or I'll not be able to achieve the required head height. So the burning question..... Change to a combi or relocate the cylinder? My house is 12 years old and still with original boiler so would imagine it will need changing soon anyway. I'd rather go for a combi boiler and remove the cylinder completely if given the choice. Could anybody let me know how much faff this would involve to remove the cylinder and go combi, plus to re-route the existing pipe work in the cupboard through the adjoining stud wall. Many thanks

Thank you for the opportunity.

If this job interests you please PM the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler replacement north kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that we're turning into a guesthouse. The property was built in the 1970's or so and has an oil fired boiler with a standard copper cylinder. As far as I...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm 30HXi boiler burning LPG housed in a ground floor attached storage room running 16 radiators including 6 doubles and a standard low output shower on the...
Replies
Views
I have a 3 port valve Y plan system, with a hot water tank in airing cupboard and a cold water feeder tank in loft. I want to replace the old 25+ year old boiler. Should I just replace with a like for like condensing boiler or a combi. I understand to fit a combi involves a lot more work (more...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock