Search the forum,

Discuss boiler repair courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboy

Gas Engineer
hi lads looking for repair course,s on combi boilers i am in newcastle looking for coureses not too far away cheers

Baxi do courses but there HQ is in Warrington, its a good course though, Worcester do one in Bradford, not sure wether this helps!

warrington to newcastle about a 3 hour trip , id say thats a bit too far lol

3hrs is not to bad , think yourself lucky that you dont live in the west country, Glow-Worm in Bristol is as near as we get for any boiler training !!

warrington in january may book last min see how the snow is doing white blanket and freezing at mo up here

Baxi courses at Warrington are very good and well worth going on, but there are actualy 4 courses from memory:
Basic Electrical
Boiler theory? - or similar
Fault finding
Advanced fault finding

Can't do the fault finding course until you've done the earlier ones, not sure if they run back to back or not so at least only one journey if stayed over?

Mr Combi one ok, but done in a shortish 1 day course at a hotel with mobile boiler on a jig so only could do electrical tests - but thats the majority of the tests - he also does a DVD which is ok. But no where near as detailed as the Baxi one.

I did the Basic electrics, then boiler appreciation then the Fault finding 3 days in a row, then you go away and use the skills that you have learnt then go on the advanced fault finding, well worth doing,ive not done the advanced fault finding yet but will be booking on it soon.

Yes i got three Books one for each course on everything that we went through and showing you how to test all your components and about using your multimeter, the books i refer to all the time, very usefull.

I've been on both the MR.Combi course and the Baxi course. I would recommend the Baxi course as it's value for money. Mr.Combi tries to condense a three day course into one day. It becomes very difficult to remember everything taught on the day.

Get inntouch with the wooooshta rep they do them at killingworth. Also baxi do some at peterlee
Ideal amd a few others at or near leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler repair courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock