Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler questions: pipes and purpose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

First question: What is the "ball thing" on the fourth copper pipe along.

Also: I have identified the flow to my radiators as being the left-most pipe that is 22mm and the return as the right-most 22mm copper pipe (fifth one along), then the heating for my taps as the 15mm next to my radiator flow (second along) (also are they (the pipes) usually situated in these positions?). My next question is what the most likely purpose of the remaining three are, there is another pipe off shot I think right next to the rad return.

Some assumptions (that I need advice on haha):
I'm guessing the nice 22mm copper pipe in the center supplies gas most likely.
And the white plastic pipe is a kind of polyvinyl chloride, probably uPVC as I also guess it's an overflow pipe.

Cheers to all who help.

And also sorry if I'm completely wrong about anything/everything, I'm a newbie to this subject. Please no hurt.

IMG_20180908_012735.jpg

Are you planning something, or just curious?

Condensate drain from boiler
Heating (flow 0r return)
Hot to taps
Gas
Cold main in, with shock arrestor to prevent hammer in pipes (sometimes in manufacturers instructions)
Heating (return or flow)
Pressure relief discharge, should go out through the wall.

Shock arrestor just to add to kop information, is often needed because the Combi boiler heats the water as it flows through the boiler. With houses etc there is often a non return valve in the water meter for obvious reasons. If the boiler is on pre heat or comfort it will warm up the water in the heat exchanger which would expand and that expansion needs to go into the arrestor ie mini expansion vessel.
We have exactly the same thing in our boiler inlet.

Are you planning something, or just curious?

Condensate drain from boiler
Heating (flow 0r return)
Hot to taps
Gas
Cold main in, with shock arrestor to prevent hammer in pipes (sometimes in manufacturers instructions)
Heating (return or flow)
Pressure relief discharge, should go out through the wall.

I'm not planning on touching or tampering with my boiler. I was just curious as to what each pipe does.

Thanks for the info too mate btw

Mate, I'm not trying to dishearten your efforts but start using your initiative a little. By that I mean you can find out what your boiler make and model is as there will surely be a user/installation manual online that you can refer to. In that there will probably be system diagrams in there that you can unpick, try and understand and copy for your own benefit as well as finding out what each boiler connection is for.

im guessing its a worcester 25/30i

Mate, I'm not trying to dishearten your efforts but start using your initiative a little. By that I mean you can find out what your boiler make and model is as there will surely be a user/installation manual online that you can refer to. In that there will probably be system diagrams in there that you can unpick, try and understand and copy for your own benefit as well as finding out what each boiler connection is for.

Mate no worries about it, in fact I completely agree with you, I probably should've used my head. I had a look and found the make and model, searched the manual and even found what that sixth pipe did (was a pressure relief discharge pipe, used to... well discharge and relieve the pressure as the steam inside a boiler can expand to 1600x in mass causing the boiler to explode) (think I got that right, bear with me people lol).

But yeah, I think it's half wanting to plant my foot on this forum and rack up trophy points and half me just missing the ball, but I thank you for the advice man, all stuff I can use.

Reply to Boiler questions: pipes and purpose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock