Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Plus ?? what you offering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
What are you guys offering customer with new install ? Boiler plus is becoming pain in the arse

Absolute pain pal , I fit Viessmann, and the combis are coming with a free WC sensor so thats ok with me .
However I have just fitted one for my best “old mate” hes 95 , surprisingly he doesnt have a smart phone he just wants to turn the boiler off / on when he wants . He cant hang his washing out so he cooks it on hot rads, so thats fect the WC . Pretty sure it will get disconnected ,and when the gas safe / boiler plus police rock up complaining. hes going to kick them out of the door , assuming they get in of course.

Depends what the customers needs and budget are. They can have the whole shooting match if they want to pay for it and I'm confident they understand it. Or on the opposite scale a stat with optimisation but turned off. Ticks the box and achieves nothing more than a regular stat would. If there's existing controls that work correctly and the customer is happy with then that's how it stays.

I did the nest Install course, it's a nice bit of kit, and pretty straight forward., also as mentioned Viessman with the free WC, and honeywell do a fairly cheap roomstat with load comp.

Is boiler plus compulsory to the whole united kingdom as of 6th April 2018? Some say it only complies to England at the moment?

Can't seem to find any info online about it or when it's due to come in...only 6th April dates and I've been banging boilers in with basic stats ever since. Local plumbers seem unsure also.

I believe it is england now wales end of this year but I could be wrong. Which is why I tagged Shaun in.

yes england atm wales oct thats what i was told dont know if its changed since the roll out

found it

"The new standards set out in this section will come into force from
6 April 2018. From that date all boilers installed in existing dwellings
in England, either as a new installation or as a replacement to an existing boiler, will need to comply with these minimum
requirements. An amendment to the Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide 2013 11 has been published alongside this policy document, and can be found in Annex B"

https://assets.publishing.service.g...us_final_policy_and_consultation_response.pdf

"From April 6th 2018, new standards for boiler installations apply to anywhere in England, with Scotland and Wales exempt from the legislation. The changes state all gas boilers installed must have a minimum ErP efficiency of 92% and must be fitted with a time and temperature controller. "

Reply to Boiler Plus ?? what you offering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock