Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiler plus what you doing ? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

I know neomitis do a budget stat that' boiler plus compliable

2. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

I mainly fit Worcester and ideal, with combis I predominately use both of there RF controls for cost effective installation. Previous to boiler plus anyway.

Comfort 2 for Worcester
    Touch RF wireless for Ideal

Unless the customer wants a smart control.

I will always try and sell the most appropriate controls for the customer. Ie not a smart web enabled stat to a pensioner with no internet or mobile phone...!

3. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

To expensive to fit worcester controls the prices are cringeworthy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Martyn2

Martyn2 New Member

As an interested observer can someone clarify the requirement for
    "Flue gas heat recovery system" under the new boiler plus rules. Doesn't every modern combi already have this?

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Like every install completely complys with building control

Stop the diy gas and selling to public / non qualifieds then I might think about it

• Like Like x 2
  6. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

I totally agree that Gas Safe guys should be the only ones able to purchase and install gas appliances.
    However that doesn’t excuse anyone from not meeting building regs.
    The same as unregistered people working on gas, not meeting building regs is in contradiction of the rules.

7. ShaunCorbs

Do they get punished for not following the regs no

8. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

By ‘they’ im Assuming you’re talking about unregistered gas workers. Yes if they are caught they get the book thrown at them.
    But I think there is still more that can be done. I have thought about joining a union that would take our issues to the HSE and Gas Safe. This may lead to having things changed in our favour.
    Unfortunately until such time we are all bound by the rules and need to make sure we opporate within them.
    Just as an illegal gas worker can undercut a properly approved guy on price. An installer not fitting boiler plus controls can undercut an installer who adheres to the regs. The customer harldly ever knows the difference, all they see is the price.
    In my view both types of fitter are a pain to the industry and until things change ‘officially’ we should all make sure we are carrying out our work in the most professional way possible in accordance with ‘current’ regs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Have you got gas in Wales ? thought everything was Coal powered.
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

That’s the only good thing to come out of Wales:p:D:D and we all know what we do with it :p:p:D

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Yes we get a lot of our gas from Scotland, same as you. Enjoying our water are you?

12. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

Who’s the admin on this page please?

13. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

@ShaunCorbs@ShaunCorbs. Presume you didn’t appreciate my joke about coal and Wales. No offence intended mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. dan_the_plumber

dan_the_plumber GSR

I’m msking a very fair point here mate, About doing our jobs properly and professionally. I don’t really see that I should be made fun of for that.
    Either this forum is a place where professionals can exchange ideas or it is allowed to become a boys club for halfwitts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ShaunCorbs

What you need ?