Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Plus April 2018 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
interested in people's thoughts- no chance that any of it is going to be done in my opinion as people are massively price conscious and the chuck it in merchants won't comply making those of us trying to do the job correctly looking even more expensive.

interested in people's thoughts- no chance that any of it is going to be done in my opinion as people are massively price conscious and the chuck it in merchants won't comply making those of us trying to do the job correctly looking even more expensive.
I’ll do it. But I know I will be one of the few that do.

Only applies to combi's at the moment wont affect me to much as it doesn't apply to holiday lets (Static vans) bulk of my work but will reflect on the price of any other installs / replacements

I mean I think it's not that big of a deal because we already fit 92% boilers ,
As far as the 4 options weather comp , Load comp , flue gas recovery or smart control yada yada yada lol... I mean I always offer some of them anyway . Example I fit many boikers like vogues with weather comp I mean the sensor is only £25 and smart controls are be coming more popular and wanted especially with phone apps etc. I always give my customers good but simple controls as many of them can be too technical for less technical customers but as far as prices go there's not huge huge amounts in it ... especially if heating systems are understood and set up properly by the installer which in turns allow the sensors and controls to save that £ ...

honeywell sell a separate receiver that does opentherm for current thermostats CMS927, DTS92E so that will cover load comp or the honeywell t4m for 100 quid rather than buy a complicated smart stat that older people sometimes hate.

honeywell sell a separate receiver that does opentherm for current thermostats CMS927, DTS92E so that will cover load comp or the honeywell t4m for 100 quid rather than buy a complicated smart stat that older people sometimes hate.
Mate of mine emailed Honeywell directly and they said that he could use T4,T6, EVO & Dt92e as long as it is used with the timer

Changed agree icon as it should have seen a like. Me and my fat fingers :rolleyes::(

But what we do with the typical won’t spend a penny crew if it’s obligatory how do you say no

But what we do with the typical won’t spend a penny crew if it’s obligatory how do you say no

This is going to be the problem ! People on a tight budget who cant see the need or cant afford the cost, As B4 all these changes are going to do is make it easer for unregistered people to under cut the rest of us and what about the DIY crew do you think they are bothered ? (NO) and the majority of people are not , as as for Building control monitoring it well that's the biggest joke of all, :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Plus April 2018 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock